Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The last... Week?

Has it only been a week? Wow! We have had a lot going on and it feels MUCH longer than that. We, like so many others, had a wonderful weekend. We started out by having dinner and going to the Bees Game on Saturday with my sister, Alyssa, her husband, Matt, and their daughter, Serenthia. We did Tin Foil/Hobo Dinners and they were SOOO good. Check out my kitchen blog for the recipe.

At the Bees Game We actually chose to sit on the grass so that our little girls could run around a bit and we are SOOO glad that we did. They had a blast. We actually didn't stay very long - just until 9:00 pm. The Bees were doing very poorly and the game was pretty boring AND the little girls were getting restless. Besides the fact that my sister NEEDED dessert! :-) We found out later that the Bees won the game 11-4. Guess we were bad luck!

We went to Chili's for dessert and got chips & salsa, virgin Pina Coladas, and Molten Chocolate Cake. YUM! My sister asked if we could take some of the chips & salsa home (because it is bottomless) and they said they are now CHARGING! I couldn't believe it and my sister was livid. Poor waiter - she definitely told him how it was. What would have been the difference if we had just said, "We want another round of chips & salsa please. Oh, we only ate a few, can we take the rest home?" It is ridiculous. Chili's is going further and further downhill. There prices continue to go up and they constantly take the things we like most off the menu. So BE WARNED!!!

But we still had a great time and it was fun to get together.

My first Young Women lesson was on Sunday. Our lesson was on "Wise Choices" I made a handout for my girls that I really liked:


I guess the lesson went well because they all said they really liked it. I hope I get to be more comfortable as the weeks go on. I felt like I was shaking like a reed at the beginning of my lesson!

Labor Day was so relaxing. My in-laws took Abrielle to the zoo in the morning so after I finished teaching I just settled in with my new book. Jake had to work in the morning as well and then was working on his car with my Grandpa so that it will pass Safety and Emissions. I got some great time to read and am now more than half way through Brandon Sanderson's new novel, "The Way of Kings." It is over 1,000 pages long so it is quite the project but SOOOO worth it.

Once they had finished playing mechanic for the day we rushed home to clean-up. Jake's family came over to our house for a barbecue and games and we had a blast! We ended the night with a family walk and it was just the perfect holiday.

We hope that everyone had a wonderful long weekend and that all are doing well!

Love, Shayla and the Bentley Family

No comments: