Thursday, September 16, 2010

DAY 1 - A Recent Picture and 15 Interesting Things



I love this picture of me because I look like I'm having so much fun being with my little girl. It makes me feel like people can see how much I enjoy being a mother. This was taken by my sister on our recent trip to Midway.

1. I was a biochemistry major at the University of Utah and doing DNA research in the Emma Eccles Medical Research Park before I got married. With the Lord's guidance and loving hand, I decided to choose a different path. And I am so grateful that I did.

2. I am allergic to nickel so we have to have my wedding ring rhodium plated every 3-4 months because they mix the yellow gold with nickel to make it easier to work with. Once the silver surface on the top of the ring comes off a bit my ring finger breaks out in a rash.

3. I have wanted to be many things throughout my life including a teacher, lawyer, financial analyst, and a toxicologist.

4. I am the oldest of 6 kids and the oldest grandchild on both sides of my family.

5. I am very much like my dad, especially in our tastes. My family frequently says, "If Dad likes it, Shayla will like it!" And vice versa.

6. Jake and I dated for just over 2 months and were engaged for 3 months. We have now been married for just about 3 years!

7. I can't stand to have my fingernails painted. As soon as one of them chips I have to take all of the nail polish off. I also can't stand them being different sizes. Once they get long, if one of them breaks, I cut them all off!

8. My hair has been all different lengths throughout my life but usually it is very long. Like, down to the small of your back long. It wasn't until after I had Abrielle that I cut it all off and it has stayed that way for quite a while.

9. I started teaching piano when I was 12. This year is my 10th year of teaching.

10. I don't wear a lot of jewelry but I almost always wear a necklace. It makes my neck feel naked if I don't.

11. Too much sugar makes me really sick and emotional. And by too much I mean more than one fun sized candy bar. But I have a real weakness for chocolate covered almonds.

12. Given the chance to have a day off by myself I would probably spend the whole day reading and playing the piano.

13. I like a lot of different kinds of movies but I will not watch scary movies and rarely will watch heavy action movies. And when I say I will not watch scary movies I mean that the ONLY one I EVER watch is the cartoon version of "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" once a year on Halloween.

14. My favorite holiday tradition is going to Disneyland with my family for Christmas. We have Santa front the bill instead of bringing us presents. Some of the best childhood memories I have are from the "Happiest Place on Earth."

15. Jake and I want to have 4 kids at approximately 3 year spacing. But we are always open to the difference between our agenda and the Lord's.

_______________________________________________________________________
In other news.... this is my newest enemy:

Abrielle keeps breaking out in a rash around her mouth. To stop this we took away the beloved binky. Needless to say, it has been a very rough couple of days although she only woke up multiple times the first night. She has slept through the night the last two nights but nap time is a nightmare. Hopefully things will get better soon!

Love, Shayla

No comments: