My short term goals will probably sound a lot like everyone elses' short term goals. Maybe there is something to that...
1. Seriously reduce computer time. Over the last few days I have checked my e-mail, Facebook, and blog only once a day. After doing financing and checking up on anything else I needed to, the computer goes off for the day.
2. Get into shape. I'm tired of feeling tired and yucky all the time. I have been working out consistently for a few days now... Just 18 more days to make it a habit! I am very grateful to my family for letting me come over and run on their treadmill. My little sister plays with Abrielle while I run and it makes it so much easier.
3. Align my sleeping habits/needs with Jake. This one is probably the hardest one for me; although, it has been a lot easier the last week because I made a goal that the computer would be off whenever Abrielle was awake or I could spend time with Jake unless it was an emergency. So when Jake leaves for work at 7:30 am I have been getting up so that I can do all of my computer stuff before Abrielle wakes up for the day. But if I get up around the same time that Jake does then we are tired at the same time when night comes. And this is very good for us. It helps us to feel even more that we are on the same page and the same team.
4. Be a better mom. Abrielle is going through a major phase right now. They told us at her last appointment that normally around this age children start showing preference for one parent; however, normally it is their father. That hasn't been the case with Abrielle. And it has gotten so bad that if we are not in the same room together ALL DAY LONG she panics. She starts crying and yelling, "I want Mommy!" Now, in a way I should be enjoying it because it won't always be this way, but it is hard to be very patient with a persistent and needy shadow. I can't even shut the door when I go to the bathroom because she stands on the other side and cries and pounds on the door. *Sigh* But I do love her and I want her to know that she can depend on me. And I know that I can be a better mom to her.
5. Be a better wife. I feel like I do pretty good at this one, but there is always room for improvement. Right now I am working hard to support my Jake in homework. Sometimes that means just sitting next to him while he is working or talking out math problems so he can sort through them. (He doesn't like story problems.) I am trying to be understanding about the immense demands on his time right now and not bemoan how much I miss spending tons of free time with him.
Love, Shayla
2 comments:
I wouldn't worry too much about the clinginess from your daughter. Besides the fact it is annoying, Halli went through it too, granted we were moving, so it might have been the change, but she was just as bad. It will pass, don't let the doctors freak you out too much, which they will. Good luck with it all!
Well you have inspired me to change my computer time as well. I find myself on it way to often. So, I think I will start limiting to 45 minutes a day. 15 in the monrning, afternoon and evening. I mean, think of all of the other things that I could be doing besides being on the computer. Play with Josh, read scriptures, practice piano, read a book... the list is endless. Thank you!
Post a Comment