Monday, August 30, 2010

New Callings!

Last week we had a meeting with a member of the bishopric in our ward about our new callings! He told me that they have known for about a month now that they wanted to put me with the Young Women, but they were prayerfully considering which group to put me with. The result? I am now the Mia Maid/Laurel advisor. There aren't a whole lot of youth in our ward so they have combined the Mia Maid and Laurel classes. I am really excited to be in the Young Women and to get an experience away from the piano for once. I have never had a calling that didn't have to do with the piano. I was able to arrange my schedule so that I could be to mutual on Thursday evening and I am really excited!

Jake was called to be the Sunday School teacher for a class of 12-14 year olds. They told him that the class is a difficult one and that they have had several teachers in there only to request to be released after a while. Jake was really excited to hear about that - he is always up for a challenge! He got the manual at church yesterday and stopped in his class to see what lesson they were on. Come to find out - their teacher hadn't come! So Jake taught his first spontaneous lesson yesterday. At the end of the class his class asked him if they were his favorite class. (He has taught 2 different Sunday school classes before this, around the same age group.) He said that it was still debatable but they might be able to convince him if they would sing a closing song - and they did! LOL! I think that the trick will be to keep them interested in liking him. If they want him to like them they will try to please him, if not.... We'll see how it goes!

We're really excited about our new callings and although we were told originally that we would be team teaching they decided to take my teammate for the Beehives and Jake's teammate is pretty inactive. So here we go!

Love, the Bentley Family

No comments: