Friday, October 22, 2010

Some Favorite Quotes

When I am having a hard time and feeling down, or when I just have too much on my mind to sort through on my own I like to remember some favored quotes. I have a lot of sayings around my house because they help serve as daily reminders of endurance and faithfulness. I will share them with you so that you may enjoy them as well:

"What we love determines what we seek. What we seek determines what we think and do. What we think and do determines who we are, and who we will become." ~ President Dieter F. Uctdorf

"When one door of happiness closes,
another opens; but often we look so long at the
closed door that we do not see the one which
has been opened for us." -Helen Keller

"Come what may and Love it." -Joseph B. Wirthlin

"When life gets too hard to stand... kneel." -Unknown

"Faith makes things possible... not easy." -Unknown

Love, Shayla

P.S. Thanks so much to Brianna Jordan and JoHanna Muhlestein who delightedly brought to my attention that, although we are "falling back" in daylight savings this year, my internal clock will think that it is 6:30 pm instead of thinking it is 4:30 pm. You are awesome girls! Thanks for bringing some optimism to my life!

No comments: