Monday, October 18, 2010

Celebrating Serry!


Our beautiful little niece, Serenthia Skye Murray, had her first birthday this past Saturday. We are so happy that we got to celebrate this special day with her and her family.

Jake and I had to work in the morning but we got to go to the zoo in the afternoon. Abrielle was loving life sitting in her stroller, munching on kettle corn and drinking cold water from her sippy cup. Serenthia was going crazy pointing at everything and saying, "Ooh!" Her favorite part was the monkeys. Serry has a stuffed animal monkey she calls Momo - all of you Avatar: The Last Airbender fans will understand and appreciate that one. When we went in to see the monkeys she got so excited and yelled, "Momo!" It was adorable to watch her parents (my sister, Alyssa and brother-in-law, Matt) get so excited to watch her and to experience it with her. What fun parenthood can be!

We raced back home to down some leftovers for dinner before heading over to Serenthia's birthday party. I made the invitations for her party and I am really happy with how they turned out. Don't you just love bright colors? (See invitation above)

I have been really into making the fabric flowers lately. I was inspired to start when I saw a display at our church for an activity to learn how to make them and then one of my friends on Facebook posted a bunch of pictures of ones she did. I didn't want to wait until the activity to learn so I looked it up online! I love the internet. I made matching flowers for the 2 outfits my mom and Grandma gave to Serenthia, and I gave her two more. This is just a sample picture of the flowers, although I did give Serry the two on the right:


It was a really fun party with LOTS of family. We had Chocolate Cake/ Carob Cake (my fav!) and ice cream and had a fun time playing with babies that are getting way too big too fast... :-(

My sister took most of the pictures at the zoo because she actually had a camera... go figure... but I have one of Abrielle that I love. If you have seen it already that is okay, because it is worth seeing again!


I just wish it wasn't a cell phone picture so I could blow it up and hang it on my wall...

Love, Shayla

No comments: