Monday, February 22, 2010

Our Little One

One year ago yesterday I was huge and pregnant, wishing so incredibly much that Abrielle would come on time! She was due on February 21st, but was two days late. There are so many things that people tell you about being a parent that you just don't believe or understand until you are one yourself. Here are some of the things that I have learned this last year:

1. Parents really do love their kids more than they could ever say, no matter what.
2. Nothing makes a parent more proud than seeing their child achieve what had seemed like an impossible feat: aka, learning how to crawl or overcoming the fear of the vacuum.
3. Mommy loves really do make everything better, no matter how bad the bump was.
4.  Snot, bodily fluids, throw-up, and pre-chewed food really aren't so disgusting that they are unmanageable.
5. Everything looks better, feels better, tastes better, or is more desireable if mommy had it first.


6. The world is far more wondrous and magical than I gave it credit for being.
7. No vacuum cleans carpets more effectively than a baby.
8. The sound of your babies laugh is more beautiful than the most accomplished song.
9. Sleep deprivation, the flu, and malnutrition cannot keep you from caring for your baby first and constantly worrying about their illness.
10. Life is more fun and fulfilling when you have a child.

I have learned many more things over this past year and will learn many more things in the years to come. I am so grateful for our beautiful daughter, the joy she brings to our lives, and for my sweet and wonderful husband who has stood by my side every single minute and helped me through it all.

Happy birthday tomorrow sweet baby girl! Mommy and Daddy love you!


Love, Shayla and the Bentley Family

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday cute little Abrielle! I'm so happy for you and Jake with this beautiful blessing. You three always are so cute and happy everytime I see you.