Saturday, February 13, 2010

An Afternoon of Fun, Family, and Chess

As an unexpected change of plans we spent the afternoon at Kayden's chess tournament today! It was supposed to be at the Taylorsville SLCC campus but got moved to the Target on Ft. Union. Yeah, random. There is a sitting area behind the Starbucks in the Target where they played the tournament.


My little family was NOT prepared to spend the day away from home. We were just going to drop off my mom, sister, and brother and head home, but decided to stick around. So we had no food for Abrielle (who was still in her jammies), no blanket, and no binkie. Plus, Jake and I were still in our "jammies" and hadn't really gotten ready for the day. So Jake ran home to shower and get some lunch while my mom and I bought some snack items for the little girls. They had a wonderful lunch of Ritz crackers, Clementines, and Strawberries. 


Unfortunately, during lunch I didn't notice that Abrielle REALLY needed to be changed and she soaked through her jammies. So my mom and I "HAD" to buy her a new outfit! What a shame... :-) She looks so cute in her new little daisy dress.

Kayden played AMAZINGLY and won all three of his games! The last game was kind of scary because he got pretty low in time, but he pulled it out!


Abrielle was an absolute angel! She was so good, quiet, happy, and well behaved! I just love that girl. She got SOO tired towards the end and so we made her a make-shift bed in a shopping cart and pushed her around until she fell asleep.


Such is the life of a chess family! :-)


I think that Target should compensate us also for this wonderful advertisement. What a cutie!

We ended the wonderful evening with dinner at Chipotle. They have AMAZING burritos!

Thanks for letting us tag along wonderful family! We had a great day!

Love, The Jacob Bentley Family

No comments: