Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Of Love and Loss

Last night we got a call no one wishes to get - a family friend of ours (Jake's best friend's brother) died in an accident. I grew up with this young man in my home ward.

Our hearts are grieving for this beloved family and what they are going through. I can't talk about it without crying. I am very grateful for the knowledge and comfort given through the great and wondrous Plan of Salvation; however, right now our hearts hurt for our friends' pain and grief.

"Life is short and we have never too much time for gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us. Oh be swift to love, make haste to be kind."

-- Henri-Frédéric Amiel


Love, Shayla

2 comments:

Dan and Kristin said...

So sorry for your loss. Hugs to you and your family!

Dan and Kristin said...

So sorry for your loss. Hugs to you and your family!