Sunday, August 4, 2013

It's the Final Countdown

Sunday, August 4th, 2013

My dearest brother,

There are THREE days left in the semester!!!! I am so excited and at the same time really really sad. I have loved this semester, as hard as it has been, and I am disappointed that my classes are coming to a close. I will particularly miss my Kinesiology, Principles of Weight Training and Principles of Cardiorespiratory classes. Even thinking about them ending makes me sad so…. Moving on!

Speaking of Kinesiology…. Guess what? I got 101.6% on my last test. Yup. I did. I had 7 extra credit points going into the test and I only missed 6 questions. I was so excited about my score I was bouncing off the walls all day long on Wednesday after I found out. Jake and I took the kids to the Pizza Pie CafĂ© that night for a celebratory dinner and momma took me to lunch on Friday to celebrate. It was so nice and such a confidence booster!

After working so hard on Monday and Tuesday for my Kinesiology test my brain went into shut down mode. I have had TONS of papers and projects to finish up but I seriously didn’t work on them at all until last night. I was up past midnight last night trying to get things wrapped up. I am pretty close to done. I have a paper to finish writing (on whey protein isolate), a presentation to give, and three finals to take. That is all. I can hardly believe it. Did I mention that? Lol.

Jake and the kids are doing well. I think the whole family won’t be quite sure what to do once this semester is over. Abrielle starts preschool again on the 12th and she is beyond excited. Nathan continues to jabber on and on and is getting to the point where he is more easily understood by more people than just us.

Brynndi’s baptism yesterday was wonderful. I am sure that you will hear details from many different family members about that so I won’t bore you with repetition. Just know that the spirit was really strong and that it went off as perfectly as it could have.

Hmmmm…. That is pretty much all I have to say this week. I love you so very much and I hope that you are doing well. Keep staying strong and working hard.

All my love,

Shayla

Playing with his cars on his new birthday map from Cookie

Mommy was very generous and gave him the chocolate spatula

Abrielle got one too

My family at Brynndi's baptism, minus Zakiya (nap time) and Elder Jeremy Troff (4 1/2 more months!)

Precious best friends!

I'm a bit buried but otherwise a good picture

Fishing with Papa in Hanna, Utah

Caught one!

Super cool dude

Beautiful ray of sunshine

Me and my lover

Burnt but loving life

There were SOOO many sheep in the road! Kind of hard to see but Abrielle was so excited.

Just before the start of the half marathon with the beautiful Geneva and Amy

No comments: