First day of Couch to 5k. Workout 1, Day 1. Total distance covered: 1.73 miles. Alternated walking and running for 20 minutes with 5 minute warm-up and cool down. Total of 8 minutes running. Inhaler use? NONE. :-)
I was tempted to use my inhaler once my body started to cool down. I felt a little dizzy and breathing become more labored than is usual but wheezing was very limited so I tried to calm my body down without the intervening drugs. I took a walk around the house for a little while and then took a cold shower and then laid down on my bed. It was not long before my breathing returned to normal and I was doing just fine. I am really tired today, but Nathan didn’t sleep well last night and we have been going to bed late anyways.
Despite being tired though I feel really invigorated. I can feel the individual parts of my body working more effectively, especially my mind. I feel a lot more “on the ball” than I used to and a lot more motivated to push through the rest of my goals. The only goals I have left on my list to accomplish today are Outside Time and Learning Activity. (Most of the time I am finishing my last goal right before bed.) I feel really exhilarated and motivated. I wanted to put my jogging stroller together and walk the kids to Reams after my run was through but I know it is important to not push it too hard and over train.
Mostly, I feel really good about myself. This is something that I told myself was impossible for me to do for so many years and I am doing it. This isn’t about losing weight as much as it is about feeling good about my body and taking care of it. I am looking for tone and strength - not a number. And I am getting there and can feel my lungs and heart and limbs getting stronger.
Love, Shayla
No comments:
Post a Comment