Nathan's 2 month check-up was yesterday. I knew that he had gained weight but I didn't realize that he would now be 12.63 lbs (72%)! No wonder his car seat feels so heavy to carry around now. I am so grateful that he is growing like he should be. The doctor said that, because he is breastfed, to expect him to get pretty fat in the next several months. He should start to slim down again around 9 months. I love chunky babies so I am pretty excited for more cute little rolls to love and squeeze!
Nathan is also 22.8 inches long (44%) now and his head circumference is 15.7 inches (49%). He has a small umbilical hernia which should go away on its own over time. If it gets a lot worse it will have to be operated on but most of the time they just heal by themselves.
Some of the biggest developmental changes we should see in the next few months will be more alertness, grasping and reaching for objects and toys, may sit with support and hold objects for a short period of time and may sleep through the night (we can hope.)
We sure love our sweet Nathan boy!
Love, Shayla
No comments:
Post a Comment