Our Nathan boy is 2 months old today. Holy cow. Can it really have been 2 months since we had him? It seems like the time has flown by so fast. He celebrated his 2 months by sleeping for 7.5 straight hours last night. HAPPY DAY!!! Let's make that a habit son...
Abrielle is doing really well and also growing way too fast. She has started to use the "Big girl potty" every night before bedtime. She gets so excited when she actually goes and we try to play it up big time. I want to take her to pick out some "big girl panties" today so that she can be more motivated to get out of diapers. If I didn't have to buy another box of diapers for her it would be quite wonderful...
Piano has started back up but I can't say that it is in full force yet. I have only taught 3 lessons in the 5 days that I have been back due to do cancellations. But I have 4 lessons this morning and then things should really pick up. Normally I teach from 3:30 - 6:00 pm on Mondays, 3:30 - 6:30 pm on Tuesdays, 3:30 - 7:00 pm on Wednesdays, 4:00 - 7:00 pm on Thursdays, and 2:30 - 5:00 pm on Fridays. I will no longer be teaching on Saturdays unless I need to reschedule some lessons. I am really grateful to be able to have Saturdays off with Jake now.
We decided to drop Jake's physics class this semester. 12 credit hours with full-time work and the responsibilities of being the Ward Mission Leader and a husband and father of 2 were just too much. The 9 credits that he still has will be plenty. Yes, he will be in school for a semester longer than we anticipated, but in the long run I think we will be grateful that we decided to slow things down a bit.
Yesterday was my rest day for working out and it was HARD! I kept feeling all day like I should be out running or doing my postnatal progression. But I understand that it is important for my body to rest and recuperate before starting another week of running and cross training, so I was good and rested. Our first excursion out on the Jordan River Parkway was really great. We got a late start so it was hot but we went about 2 miles in 45 minutes. I walked and ran the whole way although I didn't time the length of each segment. I was proud of myself for not giving up and it went by so fast! By the time we got back to the car I turned to Jake and said, "Oh no! I was supposed to do a 5 minute cool down!" I had run right back to the car without even thinking about it. So I walked around the parking lot for 5 minutes. And I STILL didn't need to use my inhaler! HURRAY!
We hope everyone is doing well and taking care.
Love, Shayla
1 comment:
So, I'm never sure how to reply on blogs...so I'm just replying via this post. You TOTALLY get 20 cool points. Is it not totally the best show EVER?! I love it.
Post a Comment