Friday, September 9, 2011

Progress is my Middle Name

I really should be updating my recipe blog since I have 9 new recipes waiting to share in my list but I just don't feel like it today. Do you ever have days like that? It is Friday. I can feel it in my blood and in the air. It makes me want to kick back, relax and do absolutely nothing responsible. As a mother of 2 that isn't possible but it would be so nice.

So in the meantime while I work up my motivation to blog about my new recipes I will update you with my workout progress. I love it. Have I mentioned that? It is still hard for me to hold myself back. I want to walk and run and do yoga and I just feel so excited. But I need to work into it. I know, I know. I am trying to keep reminding myself. Slow and steady will win this race!

September 8th, 2011

                My yoga DVD came in the mail yesterday! HURRAY! I guess that my wishing really paid off.

                My workout was amazing today. I felt strong and invigorated and 30 minutes really didn’t feel like that big of a deal. Yes, I am still a gross sweaty pig, but I feel alive. I felt like I was soaring through some of my runs and it was so wonderful. My knees weren’t bothering me and I only had mild discomfort in my calves. And not only did I not have to use my inhaler, but my lungs weren't struggling at all and I didn't have even the smallest bit of dizziness. I really felt like today that I could go on with Week 2 of Couch to 5k. On Tuesday I was really wondering if I needed to do Week 1 for a little longer but I think I am ready for the challenge of Week 2. So tomorrow I will do yoga, Saturday we are hiking to Timp Cave and then starting Monday I will be doing Postnatal Progression #3, Couch to 5k week 2, and more yoga!!! HURRAY! I feel so ambitious!

September 9th, 2011

                Today was day 1 of yoga and man oh man! I got a vivid taste of how inflexible I am! And my balance? HA HA HA. I am a long way off from even being good at yoga but I sure did enjoy it. I did over 30 minutes today and it felt like no time at all even though I was sweating and working to control my breathing. I love the focus on relaxation. I love the idea of working your body into the stretches instead of just demanding that it deliver. I love the focus on connecting with your body and feeling individual muscles and bones moving and firing. Above all, however, I love the idea that one day I may be able to pull myself into the positions she is telling me to work up to. Someday I will be able to twist like that. Someday I will be able to bend myself in half like it is no big deal. Someday. I look forward to that day.

No comments: