Now that we have visitors, a ton of family activities going on and Jake is back to school it has been a lot harder to stick to my goals. Not my working out goals - I am proud to say that I have accomplished those goals every single day, even if we did go walking at 10:00 pm last night... But it is my other daily goals: piano practicing, dishes, reading 20 minutes to Abrielle, etc. I feel so guilty when Abrielle brings me a book and says, "Mommy read this one" and I have to give her another reason why we can't, "We need to get ready to go, " "I need to feed baby Nathan," etc. Today I am going to try and create some normalcy in our routine even though the crazy (but fun) activities around us have made the routine go kaput several days this week.
I am still looking for a postnatal "Yoga for Beginners" DVD. I want to find one that is in shorter segments instead of one really long segment. It is much easier for me to do 15 - 30 minutes daily than 60 minutes.
Postnatal Progression #2 is exactly the same routine as #1, just beefed up a bit. I have been extremely impressed with this postnatal DVD so if you are interested in it buy it! It is Erin O'Brian's pre and postnatal set.
My tip for keeping your goals: post them somewhere you will see them every day. I typed mine up in Excel and hung them next to my bedroom door. Every time I walk in and out of my room I see that list and it reminds me of the things that I want to accomplish.
I can be my very best self; I can do hard things.
Love, Shayla
No comments:
Post a Comment