Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Update

We went to the doctor yesterday. The pain has been really bad and when he looked at it it had grown significantly. He decided it needed to drained. They had me lay on my stomach while they numbed the area with lydocaine. It stung at first but wasn't too bad. The worst part was that it felt like they had set a bunch of bricks on my rear end - the pressure was intense. But it was relatively quick and they packed it up with gauze so that it can continue to let the infection out over the next couple of days.

I was in MASSIVE pain yesterday and couldn't even walk, but today I am doing better and I hope to be back to (mostly) my old self by tomorrow. My sweet husband has been a superhero and taken such good care of me and Abrielle and my mom has been an angel while Jake had to go back to work.

The Lortab wasn't working very well so the doctor gave me Percocet and a new antibiotic that seem to be working better. I am grateful for that.

This process has been pretty miserable. But I am hopeful that we are near the end now. We go back to the doctor tomorrow to wrap things up. Hopefully that will be the end of things.

Love, Shayla

No comments: