Since everyone else is blogging about their Thanksgiving adventures I thought I should put in my 2 cents about what a Thanksgiving is like in the life of the Jacob Bentley Family. So here we go!The night before Thanksgiving Jake's sisters (Beth and Vickie) came to our house for a sleepover. They hadn't seen the new Star Trek movie and so we stayed up late watching it. When our alarm (aka Abrielle) went off the next morning we all got up and enjoyed watching the "Charlie Brown Thanksgiving Special." Beth and Vickie had to go help make Thanksgiving dinner after the movie was over so Jake and I put on "Miracle on 34th Street" and wrapped Christmas presents. It was so much fun and it got us into even more of a holiday spirit!
Around 1:30 we took off to go to my Dunford grandparent's house to help set up the delicate china for the Thanksgiving feast. I was given my first opportunity to make stuffing and real whipped cream by beating the whipping cream. I think they both turned out quite delightfully! We had a wonderful meal with loving family and stuffed ourselves to the brim! We spent the rest of the day playing games and browsing ads.
We decided to use the remaining Christmas money we had budgeted this year (plus a little more...) to get a Wii. Jake and I love playing games together and we knew it would be a worthwhile investment. Smith's Marketplace had Wii's on a Black Friday sale for $189.99 with a controller, nunchuck, and Wii Sports. We didn't want to go all the way home just to head back out to 9000 South in the wee morning hours, so my sister and her husband gratiously invited us to stay at their place for the night.
At 2:45 am we got up and bundled ourselves in many layers. We were the first in line at Smith's Marketplace and enjoyed visiting with the people behind us while trying not to freeze. This was our first Black Friday experience and it was quite a rush! The early timing was not really necessary because they had stocked so many Wii consoles, but we couldn't have known that sooner and the experience was definitely an adventure!
After returning to my sister's place I made up some breakfast for everyone before we all went back to bed. We spent the remainder of the day playing games, visiting, eating, and having a blast!
To top off the holiday, my best girlfriend, Ashley Crapo, called me on the night of the 27th to inform me that her boyfriend had PROPOSED to her a few minutes before. I kid you not - I screamed. Ask them, they will tell you. I am so happy for her and Zac and for the wonderful journey they are about to undertake together.
It was truly a great holiday and gave us even more to be thankful for than we already are! We have been so blessed by a loving Father in Heaven and we are so grateful for the love of friends and family.
Love the Jacob Bentley family
No comments:
Post a Comment