
We are out of the hospital and things went wonderfully! Here is how it went down:
We checked into the hospital around 7:30 am on Monday morning. They got me all changed and hooked up and stuck in my IV and put the two monitors on my belly (one for the monitoring the babies heartbeat and one for monitoring my contractions.) The IV was not a lot of fun and made my hand pretty sore, but I didn't have to see the needles so I was alright. They got the Pitocin started and my contractions weren't really bad for quite a while. I could feel my back tighten but didn't really feel much pain. The doctor came in around 9:00 am to break my water which was MUCH easier than I was anticipating... however it also made the contractions about 100 times worse. After 2 hours of hard contractions we had them put the epidural in and it actually regulated my contractions to coming about every 1 - 2 minutes apart.
Another lady that was delivering that day was having quite a difficult time and had to be taken in for an emergency C-section so everyone was kind of distracted. By the time my nurse came back around 2:00 pm to put my catheter in she checked me and was like, "WOW! You're at a 9! You're going to have this baby really soon!" We started pushing at 2:30 and the doctor came in at 2:45 pm. My hymen ring was really tight and so the doctor had to do a very small episiotomy but our Abrielle Ranay was here at 2:55 pm!
It was such an amazing experience and Jake and I are THRILLED to be parents! We love our little girl so much!
Thanks to everyone for your love and support! You're wonderful!
Love the newly extended Bentley Family
7 comments:
oh shayla i am soo happy for you! Its such a wonderful experience! i'm glad everything went well!! Have fun and enjoy it:)
Yay! Ever since i started OB in Nursing this year i thought about you and what changes you have and how the birth process works, and all that you described, i was like! yay! i know that! anyways, I am just super excited for you! THose are amazing experiences and I am just so happy it went well!
Love ya lots!
megan
oh..haha ps, its spelled catheter :) close! haha sorry, this is what nursing does to me :p
so cute! i'm glad it went well.
Congrats! That's so exciting. I am mad at whoever didn't text me though :) jk She is really cute!
she is beautiful Shayla- congratulations!
She is so beautiful! congratulations I am so happy for you!!!!! We love the name, that is so precious!!!!!
congrats on the baby. She is so cute.
Post a Comment