Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day and Still Pregnant

Well all of you who thought I was jinxing myself by saying I definitely did NOT want my baby to come on Valentine's Day were WRONG! I am most certainly still pregnant and am not holding my breath that I will no longer be pregnant at any time in the near future. I would LOVE for her to come today on a nice and relaxing Sunday when no one would have to scramble to get out of work... but again, I don't think it's going to happen. I am starting to think Castor Oil might not be such a bad idea...

Anyways! Just keep us in your prayers and maybe all of the positive vibes will help to pop her right out. I am definitely still nervous about labor and such but it's comforting to know that it doesn't last forever, my family will be there to support me, and that in the end we'll have a beautiful new baby. We'll try to keep people updated as best as possible about when she decides to make her debut!

Valentine's day was a great day! I gave Jake his present in the morning and for those of you who don't know my husband very well you will just think we're strange - but I got him "Da Jesus Book" and some Nutty Bars. "Da Jesus Book" is the New Testament written in Hawaiian Pidgin. Jake went to Hawaii on his mission and the locals speak a lot of Pidgin. He has really wanted this book for a long time and was very excited about it. To give you an example of a text from "Da Jesus Book" here is John 3:16, "God wen get so plenny love an aloha fo da peopo inside da world, dat he wen send me, his one an ony Boy, so dat everybody dat trus me no get cut off from God, but get da real kine life dat stay to da max foeva." You have to admit, it just makes you smile.

For my Valentine's day gift Jake took me to dinner (Chinese Gourmet) and a movie (Coraline 3D) and for milkshakes (Iceburg). Basically it was a whole evening of the things that I wanted to do and was craving. Everything hit the spot PERFECTLY and I had a fantastic time! I have the best husband! I love my Jacob so very much!

Coraline Review: The movie got really good reviews and we were excited to see it. I must say with my 20/20 hindsight vision... I definitely would've chosen a different movie to see. It was really well done but everything about the movie was weird, kind of disturbing, and will probably end up giving me nightmares. Ironically, although it is animated, this is NOT a children's movie. It is not a movie that I would ever choose to watch again, but it was an okay experience to see it once. I was hoping I would like it more because I really like The Nightmare Before Christmas... oh well.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. Hopefully my next post will be to inform you of the arrival of our little one, however it may just be the next appointment stats!

Love from the Bentley Family

2 comments:

Amy Beagley said...

I have been thinking about you the past couple of days wondering if you had the baby yet.

I'm sending good vibes your way!

Haylee said...

Its so fun to read your blog! it helps me to remember my own experience better! I hope she comes soon! I think I got kind of impatient. But it all happens so fast when it starts!! Good luck with everything I hope it goes as you anticipate.