Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Update on our Abrielle Ranay!

Most recent appointment stats:

*My weight hasn't changed since my last appointment.
*My blood pressure is still low end normal. (112/66)
*My tummy has SHRUNK! Abby is finally moving down! (37 cm)
*Abby's heartbeat is much slower this week but still good and strong at 134.
*My cervix is still OPENING!!!!!! I am dilated to 2.5 and 80% effaced! My doctor said that he would be really surprised if I were still pregnant at this time next week! AHH! It's getting so close!
*My doctor asked me if I wanted him to "strip my membranes" to get things moving along. I was EXCEEDINGLY grateful that my mom came with me to my appointment because I had NO idea what he was talking about. I asked him what it was and if it hurt and we decided to go ahead and do it. It DEFINITELY was not comfortable and he said some spotting and cramping would be normal, but that things should start really moving along now. I must say, it is quite nerve-racking to make the decision to get things moving along. Ten days seems close enough as it is!

At this point I am still not holding my breath that she will come early. I would rather not expect her to be early and then not be disappointed when she doesn't come. But things are definitely moving along and we will keep everyone updated!

In other news, our landlady had the gas log installed in our fireplace yesterday and the temperature difference in our apartment is HUGE! The fireplace is set on a thermostat so that it comes on and off as it needs to to maintain the room at a specific temperature. It is really nice and looks great. I will get pictures of it posted in a little while but needless to say, I have been a bit worn out lately.

In the same day that our gas log went in our TV decided to go out. It is a large Sony Trinitron TV that is only 4 years old and SHOULD have lasted a lot longer than this... but alas, after trying to assess the problem on the internet I discovered that this particular model of TV quite frequently goes out like this. It just won't turn on and the stand by / timer light in the front keeps flashing. You'd think that after DOZENS of people contacted Sony about the problem that they would do something about it... but no. Of course it isn't a manufacturer's defect. I really didn't want to be dealing with this with our baby coming in 10 days. If anyone knows where we can get a nice TV for not a lot of money please let us know!

That is our update for this week! Abrielle is on her way!

Love from the Bentley Family

4 comments:

Amy Beagley said...

What is your definition of not a lot of money?
Vizio sells more inexpensive flat screen TVs and they are pretty good quality. We have a 32 inch in our bedroom and we bought it for under $500 (at Walmart) which for a flat screen is pretty good.
I would suggest looking on ksl classifieds to see if you can get a good deal.

Haylee said...

I hope your baby comes soon as well! It's hard to not know when they are gonna decide to make an apperance:) I hope everything goes well!!

Sharla Jordan said...

The end is near, hang in there. She'll be worth all of the discomfort and pain the second you hold her.

Margaret said...

I'm so glad you posted. I was beginning to think that you hadn't posted because you had your baby! You for sure have to let us know as soon as possible when it happens.