Friday, March 6, 2009

Eternal Gratitude

Here is my excuse for not writing for a while. We have been quite busy getting the hang of being parents, but we have loved every minute of it and have truly been blessed with this little angel in our lives.

I just have to say - I have the best mother in the entire world. Hands down. She has been there EVERY second I have needed some help in the last two weeks. Especially yesterday... I contracted an infection and have had the chills, severe muscle pain, and a fever of 101 degrees. I am on antibiotics, but until they have been in my system for 24 hours I have to keep my distance from Abrielle. It breaks my heart to be unable to hold my baby, but I am SO grateful to a loving mother who has taken such good care of her when I have been unable to.

We have truly been blessed. It amazes me that I know I could never find the proper words to thank the wonderful people in my life for everything they do for me and my family.

Thanks to everyone for your prayers on our behalf!

Love the Bentley Family

3 comments:

Haylee said...

ah i'm sorry Shayla! that is no fun!!! I know exactly how you feel...i had the same thing happen to me:( that's why i don't like postpartum stuff. I hope things get better for you!! if you need anything just let me know!!!

The V-Rod's said...

She is so cute!

Dani and Isaac said...

look at that precious smile!