Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome 2009

Wow. I have officially completed my last year without children. In just about 50 days Jake and I will be parents to a beautiful little girl who grows to be more and more of a monkey each day. She moves so much and so intensely that Jake just stares at my stomach and goes, "WOAH!"

We had a lovely New Year's Eve. We visited with Jake's Aunt Mary Beth at his parent's house for a little while and then had Christmas leftover dinner at my Grandma and Grandpa Troff's house. We stuffed ourselves on ham and shrimp and expensive cheeses and vegetable trays... SO GOOD! We relaxed by the fire and visited while Jake listened to his book (Elantris) and I occasionally helped my brother solve detective logic puzzles on his new Christmas Game "Sherlock Holmes." We wrapped things up around 10:00 pm and Jake and I headed home.

It was so warm at my Grandparent's home that my feet were incredibly swollen and I soaked them in a ice cold bath when we returned home to reduce the swelling. It was quite shocking to put my feet in such a bath, but it did help. Jake and I were in bed, asleep, by 11:00 pm. I set an alarm for 11:59 pm - we woke up for a minute, gave each other a big kiss, wished each other a happy new year, and fell back to sleep.

What a great way to usher in a new year! I hope each of you had an equally wonderful evening!

Love the Bentley Family

No comments: