Sunday, February 24th, 2013
My dearest brother,
I can’t believe that you had to go in for an MRI and I had
no idea about it! Oh my goodness! I am so sorry to hear about your slipped disc
although I am not sorry to hear about the remedy of needing to get a six back
and work out your lower back muscles. That means that I can actually give you
some useful advice!
Some of the most effective methods of strengthening your abs
and core are to do exercises like these:
[Insert lots of information about fitness and specifics of exercises that I didn't want to include on this blog for my general readers! If you want to know just let me know and I will share with you!]
There are a lot more than just these that I have listed but this should
give you a good reference for getting started. I have personally done all of
these exercises and I know that they are effective and useful. I hope that you
can find something in all of that that will help you out!
As for us…
This was a pretty great week! We stayed busy and worked hard and played
hard.
Jake is still gearing up to go to WSU and he is more actively pursuing
a new position with the church. He is trying to apply for multiple jobs in
hopes of getting at least one of them. We could use some more income right now
and so I am hopeful that the Lord will lead us in the appropriate direction.
Jake is still focusing on getting better at doing push-ups and can now do 30 in
a row.
I have been working very hard on getting things back into shape after
being sick. I scoured the house on Wednesday for hours and hours to get it
clean. I have a lot of homework that is due by midnight tomorrow and so I am
going to have to work hard but I think that I can manage it. I fell at Step on
Saturday and rolled my ankle. I have been hobbling around but I really don’t
think that it is that bad and hopefully will be 100% again within a few days.
Abrielle celebrated her 4th birthday yesterday! Woohoo! I
can’t believe that she is 4! We had a wonderful day celebrating with her. She
got pancakes with applesauce and yogurt for breakfast and then she took a
REALLY long bath. We just let her play and play. I was moving pretty slow
because of my foot and Nathan needed a nap so she decided to watch Toy Story
2 on our bed. Once that was over we hit the road and went to Toys R’ Us. We
let her walk through the whole store to look at the toys and she finally
settled on some LaLaLoopsy stuff. (I’m not sure if you know what that brand is…)
Basically we were able to get her 2 large doll playsets and 4 little dolls with
accessories for only $32! Thank you for sales!
After Toys R’Us we went over to the Chinese Gourmet for “lunch/dinner.”
Abrielle loves that place and we let her eat whatever she wanted. She got jello
and mac and cheese and pizza and mandarin oranges and she even tried the
octopus! I have some fun pictures that I have attached for proof. Nathan was
trembling with excitement about all of the yummy food and we spent a good deal
of time there laughing and having a blast.
After Chinese Gourmet we took Abrielle to Kangaroo Zoo. It is a place
in North Salt Lake that has lots of giant inflatables. Nathan was pretty nervous
about it at first but quickly got into it. I can’t believe how much energy
those two have! They lasted for well over an hour before they were both tired
and wanted to go home. Nathan crashed on the way home but Abrielle decided she
needed some chocolate milk, to play with her toys, and watch Aladdin
before her special birthday could be over.
Nathan is finally better and not coughing. I think he will actually get
to go to nursery today! Hurray! He has been a bit clingy lately but I think he
might have some teeth coming in so that is explainable.
Today we are celebrating Abrielle’s birthday with the family. Make your
own pizzas, jello, sweet potato fries, and then cake and ice cream at Grandma
and Grandpa Dunford’s. I’m making a chocolate peanut butter crock pot cake for
Abrielle’s birthday and Grandma is making the traditional Carob cake. She is
really excited to continue her festivities and I hope that dinner will be
delicious!
OH OH OH! We also got to go see Zac’s opening night of Fools at
Bingham! He did such a great job and we really enjoyed the play. Zac is so
talented and adorable and I am very happy that he has found something that has
made him so happy.
I hope that your back gets better soon, dear brother, and that you can
press on with the work. I love you so very much and I hope that my letter will
help you out in any way.
Lots and lots of love,
Shayla
Nathan bonding with Aunt Alyssa
Woohoo!!!! Go Zac!!!
Our beautiful birthday girl on her special day
Nathan HAD to "help" with... everything... especially the laundry
Papa Troff very sweetly reading a book to Abrielle. She stayed put for the entire thing even though it was really long!
Scanning the goods at Toys R'Us
This is half of what she ended up with! She is having a great time playing and pretending with her new toys!
Toys R'Us very generously gave her a crown, a small gift and a balloon.
Smelling the octopus...
Needs to pose for a minute...
And the taste! Photo evidence. Classic. She didn't try it again. :)
Nathan with a mouth full of yummy food.
He would take tiny little bites and then say, "Oooohhh.... yumm!"
Abrielle with her chocolate birthday sprinkle ice cream
Nathan not very sure about this whole inflatable bouncing place experience
Abrielle had no such qualms
Narrow slide miss!
Off to slay the dragon!
Gotta love the cutesy pose with giant dinosaur teeth!
It didn't take Nathan long to get the hang of it.
After a great day, enjoying all of her toys!
The official party invitation!
___________________________________
QUESTION FOR MY DEAR READERS: What are your favorite places to enjoy for a night out? Leave me a comment letting me know!
Loves... Shayla






















No comments:
Post a Comment