Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Welcome Little Man

I can hardly believe it myself but our handsome little man decided to come into the world two weeks early. After a fantastic 4th of July celebration at my Grandma and Grandpa Troff's house (water fun, good food, lots of fireworks) we went home at 10:30 at night. At 1:00 am I got up to go to the restroom and realized that I didn't make it.... I started yelling for Jake and freaking out all at the same time. We were completely unprepared for him to come so early and so we started throwing things into a duffel bag while Jake called his mom to come stay with Abrielle and I waddled around the house with a towel between my legs trying to get ready to go.

We arrived at the hospital at 2:00 am. After almost 13 hours of labor and 3-4 minutes of pushing (not kidding) Nathan Jacob arrived! He weighed 7 lbs. 3 oz. and was 20.5 inches long. When Abrielle was born two days LATE she was 7 lbs. 5 oz.... I can't imagine what this little man would have been if he had decided to wait for 2 more weeks!

We are already madly in love with this little guy and excited for this new chapter. Thanks to everyone for your love and support! You are awesome!

Love, Jake, Shayla, Abrielle and Baby Nathan

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats guys! He is adorable and we can't wait to meet him in August! I know I'm totally crazy, but I'm already missing that little tiny baby time that flies by SO fast!

Chelsee said...

Congratulations Shayla! He is super adorable and I'm glad that the delivery went well!

Jonessa said...

Congrats!!! That's so exciting. He was just too anxious to meet you guys to wait :)

Margaret said...

yay for you! and yay for being early although if vera hadn't come a week late we would not have been prepared either.

Amy said...

Congratulations! He looks beautiful, and I'm glad you didn't have to be induced!

Yasmeen said...

Congrats, mother of two!