We are doing very well! Nathan is growing well and continues to be a delight. He eats pretty religiously every three hours but sleeps in between feedings at night. He will be awake for about an hour during the day and a few days ago he was awake for close to three hours straight! We are definitely grateful that these bouts of awareness are during the DAY hours and love staring into these beautiful blue eyes:
Abrielle is attempting to adjust to the changes. She loves her brother and takes good care of him. She gives him kisses and likes to hold his hand. However, her attitude and behavior in general have definitely declined. She is finding it difficult to be obedient and not scream or throw massive tantrums 2 - 3 times a day.... a big factor may be that she is suddenly refusing to take naps. She finally took a nap today after I trapped her in a portable crib instead of a "big girl bed." We'll see if this afternoon and evening are more enjoyable than the last couple of days we have spent doing time outs and super early bed times....
Jake and I are doing well! Jake continues to work hard and still enjoys his job. I am doing my best to smoothly transition to a mother of 2 and hopefully I will have a good handle of it when I am suddenly on my own next week.... my family is going on the pioneer trek and Jake will continue to be at work. But I will triumph!
We hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the summer weather. May your air conditioning always be working and the lemonade and ice be in great supply!
Love, Shayla

No comments:
Post a Comment