I don't have a lot to update on but we are doing well. Nathan had his 2 week check-up last Friday and was 8 lbs. 7 oz. (32nd percentile) and still 20.5 inches long (42nd percentile). Since Nathan was born two weeks early it was fun to see what he might have weighed at birth if he had come on time. I am very grateful he was 7 lbs. 3 oz. at birth and not 8 lbs. 7 oz.!
Nathan is a major cuddle-bug. He loves to be held close and tight and when he is awake he likes to hold his head up and look at your face. He smiles A LOT and it usually it is in direct response to something that is being said to him. He still grunts a whole lot and so sleeping has been interesting but he is a good baby so we are trying to focus on the positive - and grab naps whenever we can!
Abrielle is a very good big sister. She loves helping me out with Nathan and doing things for me like taking diapers to the garbage. She seems to continually improve in behavior and happiness and hopefully that trend will continue.
Jake has 2 chapters and 1 exam left in his music class for the summer. It has been blessedly simple and we have been grateful for the break before he goes back full-time this Fall. We were approved for another Pell Grant to help us pay for the last year of his Associate's degree and we are very grateful for the blessing. Jake continues to bike to work and is still enjoying it and his job.
I am still healing and trying to keep my chin up. I have some days that are harder than others, especially the days where I feel like the "Baby Blues" have really gotten me down. But I am just plugging along and trying to do my best. I find great comfort in making good meals. I love to cook and it brings me joy to cook things that other people really like and to try out new things.
We had a great 24th of July (on the 25th). We spent the day at my Grandma and Grandpa Dunford's house. We played games, ate lots of good food and visited. We are so grateful for our loving family and the joy they bring to our lives.
We hope everyone is doing well and taking care!
Love, Shayla and the rest of the Jacob Bentley Family
1 comment:
Way to stay positive Shayla. I don't know what the baby blues are like, but I understand it can be quite difficult. Go you!
Post a Comment