Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Change of Heart

Do you remember way back in November 2010 when I published this post? Well... I have come to realize I am more like my mother than I thought. This winter has brought into sharp reality all of the things I DO NOT like about the winter. To name a few...

#1 - I have never been so cold in the winter time as I have been this year. This seems completely ridiculous to me because I am PREGNANT! I should have an internal heater that helps! But... no. I feel cold so much of the time and it takes great effort to get warm again.

#2 - Unless the snow has freshly fallen things just look GROSS! I have had to run after Abrielle so many times so she wouldn't eat disgusting, dirty snow.

#3 - My yard looks horrible and is going to take some serious work this Spring to get it looking better again. We had to learn the hard way why you CANNOT leave piles of leaves under the snow and I had to go out there with a rake and chip the piles out so the grass could heal... and it is still going to probably take miracle grow and some tender loving care.

#4 - The winter and all of the salt on the roads causes such damage to our cars. My car doesn't deal well with the cold and has been continuously dying.

#5 - $200+ a month for utilities is RIDICULOUS! Especially when the house doesn't get above 67 degrees anyways!

#6 - I have MAJOR Spring fever and I want to go OUTSIDE!!! I am tired of being inside and not feeling the sun on my face.


Here's to an early Spring!

Love, Shayla

2 comments:

Ashley Cook said...

I was told by my mother that it's normal to have a slightly elevated body tempurature when you are pregnant. So it's easier to feel chilled because what you're normally used to, feels colder to your pregnant body - especially before your baby is big enough to warm you right up. Hence the reason why you are so cold. Trust me. You are NOT the only one suffering. I walk around the house with a blanket wrapped around me constantly. Or I just never take my coat off. Spring can't come soon enough!
note: If I have mis-spelled anything in this, I blame pregnancy. My brain is gone. :(

Anonymous said...

I feel that way too - especially the crazy week of ice and snow we had here. I so look forward to sweet warm Mesa.