Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Not My Mother's Daughter

In so many ways, my mother and I are alike. But the biggest way we are different?

She LOVES the summer.

I hate it.

I LOVE the winter.

She hates it.

I just love this time of year. I love the frost on everything and the chill. I love the opportunity to cuddle under a blanket and drink a warm cup of hot chocolate or apple cider. I love sitting by a fire or holding my darling little daughter on my lap and snuggling together. I love stepping outside and having the frigid air hit my lungs and smiling because it just makes me feel invigorated and alive. We get to celebrate the best holidays of the year during this time and it just makes me feel happy and excited and so grateful that the wretched, suffering, summer heat is GONE!

The only thing I don't like about this time of year?


Scary!

Love, Shayla

2 comments:

JoHanna Muhlestein said...

WOW! You were up VERY early this morning! :) Any particular reason?

Anonymous said...

I actually try to get up every day at 5:30 am. That is when Jake leaves for work. That way we are tired at the same time when night time comes around and get to go to sleep together. It is very nice and it helps us stay even closer. He REALLY appreciates it and I understand what he is feeling a lot better.