Sunday, February 27, 2011

Just Another Day in Paradise

Abrielle's birthday went wonderfully. We had a lot of fun together and she got so spoiled with so many wonderful gifts and birthday calls. We went shopping and to lunch and met Jake at Costco for pizza and berry smoothies for dinner. I think my favorite part of the day was coming home and cuddling up together as a cute little family and watching "The Incredibles."

The day after her birthday Abrielle contracted a cold. It isn't too bad but she has had a runny nose and a cough so we kept her home from church today. She was very sad that she couldn't go to nursery and see "teacher" but hopefully next week she will be able to go again. (Last week we went to a mission homecoming of one of my great friends.)

Jake started his new job this week and has really been enjoying it. I think his favorite part so far is not having to be to work at 6 am (he starts work at 8 am now). We have enjoyed some wonderful time together in the later evening hours when we aren't trying to get to sleep by 9:00 pm and it has made the week feel more relaxing.

I have been feeling Baby Aaron move a lot and have enjoyed the feeling once again. It is amazing how quickly you can forget some things. My next appointment isn't until the middle of March. Until then I am doing my best to sleep comfortably although my hip seems to have a different idea.

I can hardly believe that February is over - it feels like it just began. I hope that all of the months of this pregnancy continue to go as quickly as this one; however, at the same time I am soaking up the time I have with just Abrielle during the day and the opportunity to give her my time and attention. After the scare of my niece being in the hospital with a severe case of RSV this past week I have tried to take more time to appreciate all of the little things that are easy to take for granted.

We sincerely hope that everyone is doing well and that life is being kind. We are grateful for the blessings we have been given and the opportunities we have also been given, through trials, to continue to learn and grow.

Love, The Jacob Bentley Family

No comments: