Friday, March 11, 2011

Nesting

I never really felt like I hit the nesting instinct stride with Abrielle. Sure, I like things cleaned and organized but I am like that all of the time so it was never really a big deal. This time around I may as well be a bird with all of the nesting going on!

It was one of those domino effects. We had received some "new" clothes handed down from my sister for Abrielle and some from my dad for Jake. Enter Domino Nesting Effect:

1 - Clothes had to be put away which meant that I needed more organized space in the top of Abrielle's closet.
2 - Might as well organize entire closet.
3 - Since the closet is organized, might as well organize the rest of her room.
4 - Jake's closet needed more organization.
5 - My closet had a bunch of clothes I won't wear for several months so insert pile of removed clothes from my closet on floor.
6 - Organize entire closet.
7 - Since the closet is organized, might as well organize the rest of our room.
8 - Notice dust while organizing - wipe down entire room with Lysol wipes.
9 - Floor needs to be vacuumed - clean and organize upstairs living room and bathroom so vacuuming is easier.
10 - Vacuum entire upstairs.
11 - Continue to dust as needed.
12 - The rest of the upstairs is done... Kitchen needs to be organized.
13 - Pull out stuff in refrigerator - do 3 loads of dishes to get everything put away.
14 - Sweep and Mop floor.
15 - Oil cabinets with lemon oil so they look nice.
16 - Everything else is organized, might as well organize the pantry.
17 - All the while, laundry is going in basement - notice basement needing attention.
18 - Clean and organize entire basement.
19 - Clean out Baby Aaron's dresser and get craft room reorganized for best space utilization.
20 - Vaccum basement.

Seriously, I have never felt so driven to clean and organize and clean some more! And that is saying something because I am normally a bit OCD about organization. Even now while I sit here writing this post my mind is reviewing all of the things that COULD be done. What curious things pregnancy does to us!

Love, Shayla

3 comments:

JoHanna Muhlestein said...

HaHaHa...well then I will probably be REALLY BAD when I get pregnant because I do that now! I feel alot like the the book "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" or "If You Give a Moose a Muffin". Where one thing leads to another and to another! I have a HARD time just stopping at doing one thing around the house...my husband finally has to stop me! LOL! I hope you are doing well!

Ashley Cook said...

I hope my energy comes back soon so I CAN do that. My house is driving me absolutely nuts!

brookepistorius@gmail.com said...

I have the urge to do those things I just don't have the energy or will power maybe I should just have you do it lol:)