Thursday, June 17, 2010

Happy birthday to me! Happy birthday to me!

I had a PHENOMENAL birthday! I got to go shopping with my mom and Grandma on Tuesday and we found so many cute clothes that I love and can feel beautiful and comfortable in at the same time - what a novel concept! We spent so much time (and money...) at Kohl's and even saved TWICE as much as we spent. Gotta love it!

We had a great lunch at Chili's. They have some amazing salads there that we just love and the chips and salsa are the best! I even got a free cinnamon cake shot for my birthday. If you haven't ever had their cinnamon dessert shots you MUST have them!

We decided to stop by JC Penney after lunch because I had a $10 off a $10 purchase coupon anyways. I didn't find anything I liked for me but they had men's shorts on sale for $9.99 a pair and the infant/toddler girl clothes on clearance. So I got 2 pairs of shorts for Jake and 2 new outfits for Abrielle for $24! I saved $81! Hurray!

It amazes me how birthdays change as you get older. What seemed fun 10 years ago doesn't appeal to me in the least now. For my birthday Jake let me sleep in! HURRAY!!! We went to bed at 10:00 pm on the 15th and I slept in until 9:00 am the next morning. It was sooo needed. While I was sleeping Jake started preparations for a huge breakfast. I helped him finish up when I woke up. We had hashbrowns and eggs and bacon and pancakes - YUMMM!!!

After breakfast I went back and laid in bed. :-) I finished watching "Ocean's 13" and then slowly got ready for the day. By the time NOON rolled around I was all ready and ready to go!

We dropped Abrielle off at Jake's parent's house and went to Yogurt Vibes on 10400 South. It was so much fun and delicious! I got Irish Mint and Red Velvet Yogurt with various toppings and Jake got Raspberry, Peach, and Tart flavored yogurts. You pay by the ounce and compile the yogurts however you want. We will DEFINITELY be going back!

After dessert we decided we might want to do lunch. :-) We went to Chipotle on State Street and shared a Fajita Chicken Adobo Burrito. Again, SOOO good! If you haven't been to Chipotle - GOOO! They are so reasonably priced. One GIANT Chicken burrito is only $5.95. Jake and I shared it and were both full!

After lunch we stopped by the dollar theater to see if anything good was playing. When we decided we weren't REALLY interested in seeing anything we went back home and took a nap! LOL! Moms, doesn't this sound like just a perfect birthday?

After our nap we went SHOE shopping! Jake actually happily came with me and held my bag while I tried on shoes. I didn't find anything I liked but it was fun to go. My best girlfriend, Ashley Cook, got off work and came over to visit for a while and it was really nice to catch up with her.

At 5:30 we headed over to my parent's house so that we could go out to dinner. Our real estate agent gave us a $50 gift card to Tepanyaki as a way to say thank you for buying our house and using his services. He also sent a $50 to my parent's as a thank you for referring us to him. So between the two couples we had the means for a FABULOUS high-end dinner.

And FABULOUS it was!!!! My mom doesn't like sushi, so my dad and Jake and I shared a Spider and Mars sushi roll. They were FANTASTIC! Jake and I shared an entree for dinner that consisted of Lobster tail, King Crab, and shrimp. The entree comes with Japanese Onion Soup, an oriental salad, and fried noodles. We left really full and very satisfied.

To finish off the night my friend Sam Bostwick came over and played Guitar Hero and we drank more Brazilian Lemonade! Check out my kitchen blog if you missed the recipe!

It was a wonderful way to issue in my 22nd birthday and I am so grateful to the many friends and family who remembered my special day!

Love, Shayla

No comments: