Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Madhouse May

I can't believe that it is only the 5th day of the month because things have been so busy so far! We have been signing papers left and right, scheduling inspections and appraisals, trying to gather boxes together to begin the tedious packing process, Jake has been doing lots of homework and finals to finish the semester, and Abrielle has been attempting to survive one day to the next with her molars coming in. Why do they take so long!?

My youngest brother is celebrating his 12th birthday tomorrow! What an exciting time for him. We had a big party yesterday and had some DELICIOUS food and watched "The Little Chocolatiers" episode Checkmate Chocolate. If you missed it you should look it up because they made a GIANT chess board out of chocolate for my little brother and the chess camp that they run! It was awesome!

Mother's day is rapidly approaching and I am trying to finish up my gift but I keep getting hit by MULTIPLE stumbling blocks. First, Abrielle officially ended the life of my laptop cord. It has been hanging on for many years thanks to the help of some well placed Goop and duct tape. Apparently it was no match for my 14 1/2 month old toddler though. One good tug and the wiring split at the bandage point... :-( Luckily I had enough life in my laptop left to e-mail my mother's day project to myself. I ordered a new cord for my laptop and continued to work on my project on my husband's laptop. That is... until he forgot to take it out of his car this morning before leaving for work. If I worked on it on this computer I would lose all the work that I did on my husband's computer... So I am rapidly running out of resources and time. I will really have to get a move on in the next 3 days!

I am pleased as punch that the Spring semester is FINALLY OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!! Jake was going to take just 1 class this summer but the grant we have doesn't cover summer semesters and with the big move this month, we decided to wait for him to take the class until next summer. We are so excited to have almost 4 months that we don't have to deal with any homework. Full time work is enough. When you add school on top of that it just gets really tedious!

We are just waiting now on the appraisal results and the financing to go through on our house. The sellers are planning on moving out on May 23rd and then they are going to have the carpets in the house steam cleaned so we will be moving in the last weekend in May. They also decided to leave their porch swing and barbecue and we are SOOO Excited about it! Please continue to keep us in your prayers that everything will go through.

Thanks so much to everyone for your love and support. We hope you are all doing well and that life is being kind to you!

Love, Shayla and the Bentley Family

P.S. Just a fun tidbit of information: Jake and I have been married for 31 months today! It seems silly but it is a lot of fun to tell each other every month, "Happy Monthiversary Sweetheart!" We get to celebrate every month another month gone by of living and loving with our best friend. I am so grateful for Jake and how awesome he has been even through all of the stress and craziness that has seemed to consume our lives the last little while. If you haven't already, take a minute to tell your special someone how much you care and how much you appreciate something they do. It goes a long way in making their day, and you would be surprised how much of a difference it can make to you!

No comments: