Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Day to Celebrate that which is so Right with the World

This beautiful woman is my mother. At this time of year when we take a moment to reflect on all that our mothers are and have been to us, I am amazed at how truly blessed I have been. I was truly sent to an angel mother who has given so much of herself for my happiness and benefit over the years. Sometimes I wonder what I did to deserve to be sent to such an amazing woman.

Some of the most important and far reaching lessons that my mother has taught me have been about myself: Knowing that it is better to admit when you are wrong, knowing that things aren't usually going to turn out perfectly and that it is alright to accept change, but especially knowing that being a mother is the most rewarding calling that I could ever have. As I held my sweet daughter in my arms this morning my eyes filled with tears as I thought about how lucky I am. I know what it is like to hold a piece of heaven in my arms and to feel unconditional, pure love.

My mom taught me about that.

She gives it to me every day of my life.

I love you Mommy. Thank you for teaching me what it means to be a good mother by being a perfect one yourself. No one could have done as well raising me and teaching me to live and love through the Gospel of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

I know God loves me because He sent me to you!

Love, Shayla

No comments: