I am feeling extremely grateful tonight for the countless numbers of hours and years spent to develop something that holds a very special place in my heart: my musical ability.Between 32 piano students, teaching for over 9 years, playing since I could let someone know I wanted them to pick me up so I could plunk on the keys, a singing husband, a baby that loves music, and being hired to accompany, it pretty much goes without saying that I play the piano A LOT! Today alone I played five different pianos: the little digital piano that fits in our basement apartment, a Steinway Grand, my beautiful Yamaha baby grand (that currently resides at my parent's house), the Yamaha spinet that I teach on, and the upright at my in-laws house. All for practicing, rehearsing, or teaching. *PHEW!*
I love music. I love the doors and opportunities it opens up to me.
Favorite Composers: Brahms, Rachmaninoff, Beethoven, Jon Schmidt, David Lanz
Favorite Songs: Rhapsody (Brahms), Rondo Capriccioso (Mendelssohn), Sonata Pathetique (Beethoven), Prelude in C# Minor (Rachmaninoff), Winter Wind & Morning Light (Schmidt), A Song of Soul (Lanz)
I am so grateful to a loving Father in Heaven who blessed me with goodly parents who taught me the value of hard work, perserverance, and determination. Without their loving guidance and encouragement, I never would have been able to fulfill so many dreams.
Thank you Mom and Dad!
Love, Shayla Bentley
P.S. If anyone needs an accompanist I am available for hire! Just let me know!
1 comment:
If blogger had a like button, I would like this lol
Post a Comment