Yesterday evening I hosted two MAJOR recitals for my piano students. They have all been working really hard to prepare for this recital and the hard work paid off - the recital went WONDERFULLY! The kids all came in their costumes and it was fun to see them all dressed up. It went even better than I was expecting (and I was expecting it to be great!) and I got a lot of compliments from the parents about the progress their kids are making. I love being a piano teacher and I love my kids. I have 31 students right now and I love them all!
Some of the highlights of the recital:
1. Watching hard work pay off.
2. Seeing the smile of a child who knows they performed to the best of their ability.
3. Celebrating a great accomplishment that seemed almost impossible.
4. Catching the happiness and pride spill across parent's faces.
5. Feeling the excitement of things to learn and possibilities yet to be explored.
6. Knowing that I get the privilege to be a good role model in our society filled with so much that is bad.
Great job guys! You gave me such a sense of fulfillment and made me so proud to call myself your teacher!
Love, Shayla Bentley
1 comment:
Wow Shayla! It sounds like you're a great piano teacher. Maybe someday when I have kids I'll come to you to be their teacher, if you're still teaching in years to come.
P.S. LOVE the background!
Jonessa
Post a Comment