Monday, April 6, 2009

SPRING FEVER!

Isn't she beautiful? She has really started smiling in the last week and it has been so much fun! She is DEFINITELY a happier girl in the morning to early afternoon hours, but she is still sleeping pretty well and is a good baby. We enjoy having her around!

Living in a basement apartment with a newborn baby means that you don't get to see the sky or the sun very often. Needless to say my spring fever is VERY INTENSE!!! I am so excited for the weather to warm up so that Abby and I can at least sit outside instead of spending each day staring at the ceiling instead of the sky.

I am now back to teaching piano and things are going pretty well. A lot of my students were faithful in their practicing over our break and we have been able to pick up right where I wanted to and run with it. My sister-in-law Marie has recently opened her own studio for voice lessons and beginning piano. She is EXTREMELY fun and talented and if you are interested I would be more than happy to pass on any names to her! Here is a bit about her:

"My name is Marie Bentley. I'm currently a student at Weber State University as a vocal performance major, this is my fourth year (graduating soon!!). I have starred as Fiordiligi in Cosi Fan Tutte by Mozart and as Gianetta in The Gondoliers by Gilbert and Sullivan with the Weber State Opera. I've also performed with the Utah Light Opera Company and spent some time in New York working with some incredible performers! I am opening my vocal studio to supplement my pedagogy class and I have openings up at Weber State University Monday through Saturday. What we'll be doing is learning proper skills and technique through Bel Canto singing, how to prepare for an audition, how to bring artistry and interpretation into your song (in other words, how to act your song!), and how to present yourself in a performance."

Anyway, Jake and I are doing really well and he is pushing through his mounds of homework to get to the end of the semester! (Only 24 more days!)

Conference was wonderful and we feel very blessed to be able to listen to the words of the Prophet so often and so conveniently!

Love from the Bentley Family

1 comment:

Bri Jordan said...

Aw, Shayla, she's way cute!! I love this picture. :]