We blessed our beautiful baby last night and it was wonderful! We got the idea from Jake's cousin Tonya to do the blessing in the evening instead of during a sacrament meeting and then we did a dinner in the cultural hall afterwards. It was so much fun and we had a fabulous turnout! (78 people!) Jake gave Abrielle a beautiful blessing and we enjoyed so much wonderful food and company. Abrielle was pretty worn out and tired of being passed around by the end of the night - meaning, lucky us, she slept through the night!The fun continues because Jake's birthday is today and we're doing a special family celebration tonight with his favorite foods!
Love from the Bentley Family
P.S. The blessing dress was made specially for me at my blessing. It's pretty special that my daughter got to wear the same dress!
2 comments:
We are so sad we couldn't be there! We can't wait to meet Abrielle - even though it will probably be awhile. I keep showing Breena her picture. I'm training her to say baby Abby even though she has no idea what I'm talking about. Maybe it will pay off by Christmas! : ) By the way, that's a gorgeous dress!
Cute pictures! We did ours at home in the evening as well! It was very nice! I had a brother flying in from africa and he flew in that day in the afternoon!! I love the dress! I had mine made for me and it actually is a little simliar to yours! how funny is that! I'm saving mine for my girls:) I hope all is well!
Post a Comment