Monday, December 22, 2008

Life at a Quick Glance

I am amazed at the number of things that can happen in just a few days - and since I have so much time on my hands, I figured I would write about it!

Friday night last week we got the wonderful opportunity to go on a double date with our dear friends Michael Anderson and Ashley Crapo. We had a great dinner at Chile's where we ran into my parents and made our dinner party 6 instead of 4, and then we played 13 Dead End Drive at my Grandparent's house. (Good central location to avoid excess driving in the crazy snow.) If you have never played the game before it is pretty fun and amusing - but it takes a really long time to set up so beware!

Saturday Jake was up bright and early to go to a dress rehearsal. I finished my book (see book blog) while he was gone and then we got to go downtown to the Little America Hotel to a wedding luncheon for our dear friends Curtis & Brooke Pistorius. (CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!) The lunch was divine and the hall was so beautifully decorated. We stuffed ourselves and spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing before heading to Copper Hills at 7:00 for the Messiah Sing-Along. Jake performed as the Tenor Soloist singing "Comfort Ye My People" and "Every Valley Shall Be Exalted." He did such a great job, as usual, and I was very proud to introduce myself to all of his congratulators as his wife.

Sunday Jake performed a short number in a special Primary Sunday school lesson and then had to jet off to teach Elder's Quorum. (Since our ward discovered that Jake can sing beautifully they have had him perform for many various events and functions: sacrament meeting, Primary and Relief Society Leadership Meeting, Ward Christmas Party, and now the Primary Christmas Sunday School lesson.) I never thought I would get so lucky to have a husband who has all of the amazing attributes that my husband does... but to get all that AND to have him be able to sing?! Can you say JACKPOT!?!

After our church meetings we had the opportunity to go to Elder Aaron Taylor's mission homecoming. He gave a great talk and I was very happy that he decided to bear his testimony in English rather than Spanish. It always seemed funny to me that these wonderful missionaries spend two years developing these phenomenal testimonies... only to bear them to their home ward, family, and friends in a language that can only be understood by a few, if any at all. It was so nice to visit with some old high school friends and to share the excitement of my impending due date! (2 months from yesterday!) I wish that I could see them more often, but I am so grateful to hear that their lives are taking very happy and positive directions.

Today marks the beginning of a 2 week vacation from West Jordan High school for me. I suddenly have so much time on my hands that I don't know what to do with myself! I am getting very excited for the time I will get to spend with Jake this holiday season. I think that is the best Christmas gift any loving wife could ask for!

My latest doctor's appointment was this morning and I think I may have set a world record for the fastest doctor's appointment EVER! I was in and out of the office in a grand total of 15 minutes. My doctor got called downstairs (I assume to deliver a baby) and instead of making all of his patients wait for his return he quickly stepped in to each of the rooms to check that everyone was okay and let us get on with our days. I was very impressed and grateful for his thoughtfulness and glad to hear that everything is still on mark with our little girl. Her heartbeat is still high which is no surprise because she is a VERY active little girl! I am getting very excited to meet her and so is my wonderful Jake!

Speaking of little people... my baby sister Brynndi (3 1/2 years old) has made this holiday season SO much fun! She is so excited about Christmas that she can hardly contain herself. My family does a secret sibling stocking exchange for the week before Christmas (they leave a treat in each other's stockings each day) and Brynndi gets SO excited about it. The other day she found a pack of Kit Kats in her stocking and when she pulled them out she gasped and yelled, "I got a HUNDRED Kittie Kats! I LOVE them!" My mom and I spent some time wrapping gifts yesterday in her bedroom and Brynndi was sitting outside the locked door saying, "Mom? What are you doing? Are you wrapping presents? Are they my presents? What are they mom?" I am very excited to watch her on Christmas and to look forward to having my own little girl to share the holidays with next year. Although I must say that I am super excited about all of the surprises I have gotten my Jake!

Merry Christmas to you all! We hope this holiday season turns out to be the best one you have ever had so far and that all of your many dreams, wishes, and desires may come true! Our very greatest love to all of you!

Love the Bentley Family

2 comments:

The Nicholes said...

Your sister is so cute! She reminds me of my niece! Im glad things are going well for you:)

The Nicholes said...

Sorry, that last comment was from Haylee:) I was logged onto my mother's email.