It has been several years since I have been to the Festival of Trees and I had the inclination to go this year. I used to perform there - first in dance and then in piano. Since I stopped performing I stopped going. I'm not sure why because it's quite nice and not very expensive. Tickets for adults are $4 a piece but you can get discounted tickets at Zions Bank for $3.50 a piece. Not a huge price break, but it's better than nothing.After piano yesterday Jake and I ran to Smith's so I could go to the bank and he could fill up his car. While inside Smith's I saw J.K. Rowling's new book, "Tales of Beedle the Bard." It was on sale and I just couldn't resist purchasing it. Jake and I had a fantastic time reading it while driving in the car. (I read it outloud.) We had a lovely dinner at Wingers and enjoyed the Festival for about an hour until Jake and I were both too sore to keep going. Jake's construction job kind of messed up his back and so standing for long periods of time is hard on him. My excuse is the bump that I am carrying up front called Abrielle Ranay!
If you get the chance to go to the Festival of Trees it is just lovely and an easy, inexpensive activity. It only runs for two more days (Friday and Saturday) so catch it while you can! And make sure that you see the cool glass blown tree while you are there. That was my favorite.
No comments:
Post a Comment