Yesterday started out kind of rough. I got out to my snow covered car and found a parking violation on the window shield. And you know the stupid thing about it? The car is registered under my mom’s name and my Grandparent’s address, and the car was clean because I had driven it just 2 hours prior to the time on the ticket. So, the police officer that gave me the ticket did so under every pretense that my car was only there for a little while. Not very nice if you ask me.
When I got to West Jordan High I figured I wouldn’t have to go to ceramics class because Kaitlyn (the girl I go with) broke her arm in two places. I was wrong. Not only did we go to ceramics class but we had to glaze her projects – the thing I hate most. I think Krueger (the Ceramics teacher) either got too frustrated trying to explain it, could see that I was tired and in a bad mood, felt sorry for me, or a combination of any of the afore mentioned things because eventually he just did it for us.
And because that couldn’t be enough, during Ceramics the fire alarm went off. It was a mistake so none of the teachers had a warning about it beforehand – i.e. Kaitlyn and I had no coats. Krueger was nice enough to give his coat to Kaitlyn and I kept as warm as possible by tucking my uncovered arms into my torso, but my feet were still cold several hours later from being covered in snow.
I spent a good part of the morning worrying about my baby shower because there were some misunderstandings about the guest list and things needed to be sorted out, etc., etc., etc. By the time I left West Jordan yesterday I was exhausted and feeling discouraged and wasn't looking forward to another 3 1/2 hours of work on top of the 6 hours I had just completed.
I arrived at my parent's house to print off my piano practice sheets for January, and the thought suddenly occurred to me that I had been so distracted with everything that had been happening during the day that I hadn't really felt Abby moving. Well, as all of you moms, new and old, can relate - I suddenly panicked. She is a MONKEY and moves ALL THE TIME! I tried all of the positions I could think of that usually get her to kick me or adjust or SOMETHING, but it didn't help - no movement. At this point I was tired, disappointed, frustrated, more thirsty than anything, and now - worried. In other words, I was ready to just curl up on the floor and stay there for a good few hours.
My little brother Kayden was sweet enough to bring me a HUGE glass of water and I downed it very quickly. I am not sure if that did the trick, but within a few minutes Abby was moving around like the little Monkey she is again. And amazingly, after that was okay again, everything else seemed like not such a big deal.
I faced my piano lessons with head held high and tried to be as cheerful and energetic as possible. And when my sweet, amazing, wonderful, fantastic, magnificent, (I think you get the point), husband arrived after he got off work he walked through the door with a dozen red roses. He came over to the piano and hugged me from behind, kissed me right in front of my students, and told me that he loved me. Needless to say, the day suddenly seemed like the clouds hovering over my head cleared and the sun was out shining in full force.
My mom treated us to a dinner of her fantastic Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas, and my little sister affectionately sat on my lap, rubbing my tummy and asking me all sorts of questions about Abby. The conversation went something like this:
BRYNNDI: "What is that?" (referring to my stomach as she is rubbing it)
ME: "It's a big bump."
BRYNNDI: "Is your baby growing?"
ME: "Look at my tummy. Do you think it's getting bigger? Then she is probably growing!"
BRYNNDI: "And then I can be an Aunt?"
ME: "Yes, Brynndi. You get to be Abby's Aunt."
BRYNNDI: "And what will Kayden be?"
ME: "An Uncle. What do you think Jake will be?"
BRYNNDI: (giggling) "I don't know."
MOM: "Well if Shayla is the mommy, what does that make Jake?"
BRYNNDI: "The daddy!"
ME: "And what does that make mommy?"
BRYNNDI: "I don't know."
ME: "A Grandma!"
BRYNNDI: (laughing) "A Grandma? No! She's just the mommy!"
Brynndi is so adorable. She is so excited to be an aunt and talks all the time about helping with the baby. I am so grateful for a wonderful family who cares so much about me and works to help pull me out of the dumps when I plop myself there. I am especially grateful for a loving mom who is never too busy to not take the time to help me out and a wonderful husband who is truly the sunshine in my life!
I have so many blessings. I wish I was better at counting them at times when it seems easier to just be miserable. But I am exceedingly grateful for my blessings and for the opportunity I have now to recognize them!
May each one of you find more reasons to be happy and joyful at this holiday season, may the stresses and complications of this life be kept to a minimum, and may the true Spirit of Christmas shower you and your families with love and holiday cheer!
Love from the Bentley Family
3 comments:
A lot of people have told me that baby's can feel your stress, so maybe Abby was just stressed out! So when you sat down to relax she was like... ok, things are good again *wiggle wiggle*
I remember the days when I wouldnt feel my son move. I was always so worried! He was a mover as well! I always heard that drinking water and lying down helps:) i hope things get better for you! its no fun having bad days!
Haha yeah for sure! I hope things get better for you too! How is your pregnancy coming along?
Post a Comment