Sunday, June 7th, 2013
My dearest brother,
I hope that you are well and that the work is moving forward
swiftly and successfully. I think about you often and love you very much.
Things are alright here. I have a massive test in
Kinesiology on Thursday that I am pretty panicked about. There is even more to
memorize this time around than on our last test and this test is known as the
worst of the semester in this class. Our instructor told us, point blank, that
not many people do well on this test. I am trying as hard as I can to memorize
and prepare but I am lacking significantly in confidence. I am going to need a
lot of extra prayers this week, alright?
Running is also not going as well as I would have hoped.
After my 10 mile run I went running this week with Zac and Kayden on Tuesday.
Zac and I started out and went 2.5 miles around the neighborhood before picking
up Kayden and finishing out 5 miles total. We powered up various hills through
the neighborhood and Zac made sure that my heart rate was close to maxed out.
When we were finished with the 5 miles I slowed to a walk to cool down but Zac
was antsy to finish out the run. He turned to Kayden and said, “You wanna race
home?” Kayden was reluctant because he is still not very confident with running
but when Zac started trotting home Kayden couldn’t resist and started after
him. It soon turned into a full out sprint back to the house. I continued to be
sensible and walked. When I got back to the house Kayden was laying sprawled
out on the lawn. I turned to Zac, smiled, and said, “Did he puke?” Zac just
laughed and said, “Yup!”
You are probably wondering at this point why I said that
running is not going as well as I would have hoped. Well… I am still having
problems with my soleus muscle (the muscle behind the gastrocnemius which is
the main muscle we consider the calf). It is causing me considerable pain to
the point that even walking hurts. I am not sure what to do. I didn’t run on
Thursday or Friday and tried to get out again for a long run on Saturday with
my friends but after about 2.75 miles I knew that I wasn’t going to make it. My
half marathon is in just 12 days…. You remember me saying that I am going to
need a lot of extra prayers this week? Yeah… please remember me in your
prayers!
Other than that things have gone considerably well this
week. We had a good time on the 4th of July. We slept in, had a huge
breakfast, saw The Croods at the dollar movies, and finished the evening
with a fabulous party and fireworks at Matt & Alyssa’s house.
The next day brought birthday celebrations for Nathan. Can
you believe that he is 2 years old?!? I can hardly believe it myself. We had a
great weekend celebrating with him. He ate nothing but blueberries for
breakfast, we met up with Jake and went to Rodizio Grill for lunch, we took him
to Toys R’ Us and bought him a Little Tykes Cozy Coupe (a car that he can sit
in and “drive” with his feet), we went for a “walk” around the neighborhood
pushing him in his car, we did poppers, ate fruit, and had an overall blast. On
Saturday we even took them to Jungle Jim’s Playland for a few hours. Nathan
seemed a bit overwhelmed but had a good time. Abrielle thought she had died and
gone to heaven. LOL!
I have a million pictures that I took over the last few days
but I will only send you my very favorites.
I’m not going to lie Jer… I am scared and worried right now.
I know that the Lord will bless me as I put in the work and trust in Him. I
just have to stay strong and be faithful. Even if I don’t do well on this test
or end up unable to run the half marathon it isn’t the end of the world. All I
can do is my very best and trust in the Lord to guide me in the proper paths.
I love you, dear brother. Know that I am sending you a big
hug from thousands of miles away. How I wish I could give you a hug in person!
But spiritual hugs will have to do for now until we are reunited once again.
Stay strong, work hard, and remember, always, how much you are loved!
Love always,
Shayla
Riding the Amazon - you can't even see Nathan!
Nathan's favorite ride - the safari trucks!
Sparklers - a girl's best friend!
Cheesy girl
Cheesy boy
Loving the fireworks
Best friends!
More best friends!
A portion of the display
The crowd
Brother Zac being... Zac :)
Sister Alyssa - so pretty! Love the baby photobomb!
Cute daddy
Little-est sister Brynndi
Not a fan of loud noises. Don't you love my orange earbuds?
Tessa and Brynndi totally captivated
Orange Dreamsicle Popsicles!
Nathan had to have one too
Trying to get a better picture.... not much success (Jake doesn't like loud noises either)
Pretty sunset
Super cool birthday dude
"Cheese!"
Rodizio Lunch
Special Rodizio birthday dessert
I'm eating mom... what do you want?
Delightfully full girl stuffed to the brim with strawberry soup!
My cute boys
Sleepy birthday boy
LOVED the ball pit
Testing out tricycles
Testing out a cozy coupe... no red ones available for testing
LOVES the train tricycle
Cleaning up after lots of birthday fun
First time in the new car!
Beep beep!
Blurry photo of the ONLY time he would wear his birthday crown
Playing with poppers
Playing on a neighbors playset
Feeling bigger than he is
Bumper cars while they were still fun for her... she decided soon after this that she had had enough
See that guy in the middle crammed into the car? Oh yeah... that is my husband. :)
A kid at heart
Boys and cars
Riding her FAVORITE ride for the... 10th time?
This girl LOVES horses and carousels!
Cute girl at Nana's house











































No comments:
Post a Comment