Sunday, March 31, 2013

Just a Quick Glimpse


March 31st, 2013

My dearest brother,

Today has been a pretty busy day and so although it is almost 10:00 pm here and I have to get up at 12:01 am in order to register for fall semester I wanted to make sure that I still got my letter in to you. I probably won’t be able to cover as much as I would have liked to but I will type fast and get as much in as possible.

This was a really good week and a hard week as well. The Camry is having some issues (okay… a lot of issues) and we’re not sure what we are going to do about it. It is really hard to have two cars that are old and have problems. One day we will have a newer car and won’t have to worry about it so much. Or maybe we’ll get really lucky and some super rich and super nice person will come by and be like, “Hey, I have this extra car here…” LOL! In my dreams, right?

Getting back to school after Spring break has been quite the challenge. I feel pretty bombarded with projects that need to be completed. I have a big test in my class tomorrow night and I am pretty nervous about it because I didn’t do as well as I would’ve hoped to on the first test in this class. I have to memorize lots of things for this test so please pray hard for me in the next 24 hours especially!

Besides those two “less than average” things we have had a pretty great week. Easter was a hit with the kids last Sunday and they had a blast finding the eggs that we hid around the room. Abrielle quickly polished off the apple juice that we gave her and we had to explain to her that she couldn’t have Nathan’s too.

I took Kayden out running this week on Thursday. He has never run very far (straight) before and so I was really impressed with how well he dealt with our 3.5 mile run. We ran for a little over 30 minutes straight and he didn’t complain at all. He didn’t even whine when I told him I wanted him to sprint the last 200 meters home. He sure is a trouper and we have a lot of fun together. I have set him up with some more workouts for the upcoming week and I plan on taking him out running again. Hopefully we will be able to go out at least once every week. I believe that longer distance running is an excellent way to improve your endurance and stamina!

On Friday evening we went over to Grandma and Grandpa Troff’s house for the annual Easter egg hunt and dinner. It was a really fun evening and the kids had a blast. I had to get my own dinner because they had Subway sandwiches but it turned out to be yummy for me because I got a Costa Vida salad.

Jake’s birthday on Saturday was a great success. He and the babies had breakfast burritos and then we dropped the kids off at the Bentley’s house while we went hiking on Mt. Olympus. It was a beautiful hike and a decent challenge as well. We only hiked a little less than 2 miles in before turning around to go to lunch at Rodizio! We want to eventually make it to the summit and hope to accomplish it this summer. We also want to make a habit out of hiking and take the kids with us on easier family hikes so they can get used to it as well.

Lunch at Rodizio was delicious as always and in the evening we had a bunch of people over for a pizza party. We had a few friends over but mostly it was our siblings that came and played games and laughed. Jake had a wonderful birthday and I am glad that he was able to enjoy himself so thoroughly.

Well, there is a lot more that I could say and go in to detail about but I really should try and get to bed. With the seasons in full changing mode here I am, once again, not sleeping very well. You would think that after almost 25 years that my body would adapt to the changing seasons but, alas, it is not to be and I have been plagued once again with many a restless night. Luckily the nightmares haven’t been as bad this year and I have been able to keep that aspect of it under control. Mostly I just lay in bed staring at the wall, thinking about all of the reasons I need to be sleeping. LOL. I know I already asked once but any prayers on our behalf are greatly appreciated. And, as always, you will be in mine.

I love you, dear brother, and I hope that you got things sorted out in your apartment now so that you at least have running water. I think about you often and miss you quite a bit. Continue to serve the Lord with all your might, mind, and strength. Remember how much your sacrifice and service blesses not only your life, but the lives of those of us back here at home as well.

All my love, Shayla

My darling little construction worker

Wants to be just like daddy

**LOTS MORE PICTURES TO COME ~ We are waiting for them to upload to Dropbox. Hopefully they will be done and I can upload pictures in the next couple of days.**

QUESTIONS FOR MY DEAR READERS: How did you celebrate Easter? Do you have any fun traditions? Anything unusual?

Loves...Shayla

No comments: