Sunday, March 10th, 2013
My Dearest Brother,
A lot of the exercises that I sent you for the low back will
also be good for your upper back. A couple extra exercises that you could do
are:
{Insert more information about specific exercises}
This week has been pretty normal around here. We had a
wonderful birthday party for Grandpa Dunford last Sunday. He loved the letters
that we wrote to him and we had a delicious dinner of Hawaiian Haystacks. Mom
even made a special sauce for me that was gluten and MSG free. It was really
tasty and much more flavorful than cream of chicken soup.
Nathan has been doing a bit better although his cough still
persists. He has been talking a lot more lately and tries to communicate a lot.
Abrielle has been having a hard week. She has been
especially emotional this week and we have had a lot of trouble with her being
defiant about everything. She uses the word “No” far too often and we have had
to lay down the law several times throughout the week. It got so bad one day
that she earned 3 timeouts, lost her movie privilege for the day and then
yelled at me, “I want FOUR timeouts!” Oh that girl… she just has to be in control of everything. If
you could keep her and us in your prayers we would really appreciate it. We try
very hard to be loving and patient with her but we are always trying to
improve.
Jake is getting into school slowly. He had to take a couple
of pre-assessments this week that were quite difficult and lengthy. He is
feeling a bit nervous about the program and having the time to complete what he
needs to but I am sure we will work it out.
I went to my very first official yoga class yesterday after
Step class and I LOVED it. I love the connection between mind, body, and
spirit. Although I wasn’t breathing heavily I was sweating like crazy and it
felt great. I am very grateful for the opportunity to try out different kinds
of exercise to find out what I love and what I don’t.
Speaking of love… I got to run again this week. The weather
got up into the 50s here one day this week and so I set out with the kids to go
on a long walk. I didn’t, however, take into account how strong the wind would
be. I walked for almost 5 miles with most of it being against the wind. I had
to put my full weight behind the stroller at certain points in order to keep
moving forward instead of backwards. I am just very grateful that I had the foresight
to bring a blanket to protect the kids. Once I got to the top of 4800 West and
New Bingham I decided that I wanted to run for the rest of the way. It was only
2.7 miles home but it felt so good to run again. Have you been able to run at
all while on your mission?
Well, that is pretty much all I have to report this week.
Oh! I colored my hair again. It is a very dark brown now so the pictures that I
am attaching aren’t an accurate reflection of the new color because I just
barely did it on Thursday. I will try and get a picture of it this week. It isn’t
as dark as mom’s hair but it is a lot closer than before.
Love you!!! Keep up the great work!!!
Shayla
A perfect representation of Abrielle's attitude this week. Oh my little firebrand...
+ Kayden photo-bombing and trying not to laugh about her little fit.
And in contrast to the little firebrand... here is the happiest baby on the planet. LOL!
Cute Jake wasn't sure about getting his picture taken. But he is just so very handsome!
True love!
Post 7.6 mile walk/run. Yikes!
Oh look a smile! How nice and refreshing!
QUESTIONS FOR MY DEAR READERS: Did my Utah friends have a chance to do something fun in the good weather this week? What did you do? How is the weather where you live?
Loves...Shayla






No comments:
Post a Comment