Wednesday, December 26, 2012

25 by 25 update

Now that it is halfway through the year it is time for an update! Some of these are going well and some of them... well... hopefully will be better in the new year! :)

1. Run a 5k in 30 minutes or less. DONE! http://jacobshayla.blogspot.com/2012/09/things-have-been-really-busy-around-our.html

2. Read 5 new books. I have been listening to The Way of Kings again on my MP3 player. Not a new book... and at over 1200 pages it takes quite a while to get through. But I read a short novella yesterday: Legion by Brandon Sanderson. Excellent. I also plan to read The Emperor's Soul, The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay.

3. Bike 100 miles. Almost done - just 8 miles left to go. We will wait until it warms up again for that.

4. Pass all of my classes with nothing less than an A-. I successfully did this for Fall Semester 2012. I passed all of my classes with an A although I thought for sure I would get a B+ in Biology...

5. Exercise every day (with the exception of 1 rest day a week). I have tried really hard to keep up on this but it didn't happen when I got really sick in November and I had to take 2 rest days a week. I am revising this goal - sick days don't count!

6. Write in my journal at least twice a week. Oh boy... epic failure. I was doing really well but dropped the ball lately. I am rededicating myself for the next 6 months! 

7. Go on 3 hikes. We went on several hikes while we were in St. George with my family this summer and Jake and I went hiking during our anniversary "getaway" so I am checking this one off as complete!

8. Make sure Abrielle gets a Mommy/Daughter or Daddy/Daughter date once a month. Also epic failure. Jake has been working on a large addition that his parents are adding to their house and has been gone most Saturdays. It just hasn't really worked out. The addition won't be finished for quite a while so this might not happen this year.

9. Visit the temple with Jake at least 6 times. We haven't been really good about this either although we have been to the temple at least 3 times in the last 6 months. For Christmas my mom gave us a "one night babysitting job" so that we could attend the temple once a month. WOOHOO!

10. Make "the perfect" pie crust. I will be tackling this project in February when, without a doubt, my dad will be requesting Raspberry Ribbon Pie for his birthday.

11. Update this blog once a month. Doing well so far even though some months it has only been once!

12. Do a full-fledged family activity once a month. I think that we are doing well on this one although I am terrible about documenting it so I will have to try better about that.

13. Try something new. DONE! I joined Gold's gym and have been attending classes there. LOVE it!

14. Watch the original seasons of Star Trek with Jake. We watched all of them but the last 2 episodes. I lost interest. The characters don't develop in the original series like they do in The Next Generation. I just didn't care about the characters and got bored by the story lines.

15. See four musical or theater productions. We are doing REALLY well with this. We saw The Pajama Game and a couple of Improv shows at Bingham already. My brother got the lead in Bingham's winter play, Fools, and so we will certainly be seeing that as well as seeing The Phantom of the Opera at BYU in February.

16. Go skating with Jake 3 times. Eek... we are at 0 for this one. Oh dear...

17. Read the entire Book of Mormon again. I think that I completed this more or less throughout the year while preparing my lessons. I know that I missed a few chapters as I started preparing for my next lesson but overall I think I got through it almost entirely again.

18. Make 1 dish every month without a recipe. This is a no-brainer. I have been making almost all of our dinner without a recipe. So, there you go.

19. Make something for my home. Ugh. It's a good thing I am reading through these again because I honestly forgot a lot about them....

20. Alter my sleeping habits. This is going well and not so well. I am REALLY good about going to bed on time when I go to the gym the next morning at 5:00 am. The nights that I don't? Jake and I have way too much fun staying up late and playing. :)

21. Go on two family vacations with the kids. Hmmm... well we went to St. George with my family this summer. I think that that is the only one so far. 

22. Go on two vacations without the kids. Our anniversary vacation was fantastic. We will have to try and get away again sometime this year.

23. Do my visiting teaching at least 6 times. Oh boy. I am still REALLY bad at this. I delivered cookies to my families once. But... that was it. Maybe I will be better in the new year?

24. Help out a friend in a major way. I don't think that I have done this one yet. Unless one of my friends wants to disagree. :)

25. Write to my missionary brother at least three times a month. I am pretty sure I am successfully accomplishing this one so far. If I ever miss a week I always write the next week and it is rare for me to miss a week.

No comments: