Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back

Wow.... Where to start? I keep coming back to the blog thinking about how badly it needs to be updated but now that I have put it off so long the task seems insurmountable... We'll attempt it anyways.

Christmas was crazy busy and flew by faster than I could blink. We got a lot of wonderful gifts and enjoyed the season with lots of family, good food and fun.

We sent my brother off on his mission for 2 years on December 21st. We had one final family lunch at J-Dawgs and said our goodbyes at the Provo Temple. I cried as I watched him drive away with my parents. I am so proud of him and his decision but I will sure miss him. If you want to follow along with his mission visit his blog at: http://elderjeremytroff.blogspot.com.

We survived the drive to and from Arizona with 2 kids under the age of 3. Abrielle did fantastically and didn't have a potty accident the whole way. Nathan had a hard time understanding why he couldn't see anyone in the car all day long and we spent several days in Arizona with him being extra clingy, but we survived. Our Arizona vacation itself was very low key and the weather was beautiful. I, for one, think it is nice that winter in Utah has brought us cold temperatures but no snow. We ate out at a lot of fun places and Abrielle had a blast playing with her cousins.

We rang in the new year at home by spending more time with family. We ate more good food, played Disney Trivial Pursuit, and went home in the 11 o'clock hour. At 12:04 am Jake came into our room where I was nursing the baby and said, "Happy New Year Sweetheart." lol.

Now that the New Year has officially started we are anticipating the start of the Spring Semster 2012. While we don't enjoy school we are grateful for the opportunity that Jake has to get an education and we hope that we will be able to get things squared away with the Financial Aid department.

I am looking for a few more piano students. If you know of anyone who is interested in lessons please let me know.

Brief? Yeah... I guess I don't have a whole lot of details to include. My mind seems incredibly preoccupied right now. I haven't blogged or read a book in a long time because I have a hard time sitting still for that long. Hopefully things will settle down a bit now that the holidays are over and life can get back to "normal." LOL. Maybe. :-)

My best Christmas present was having Jake home for 11 days. He is back to work now but he gets Martin Luther King Jr. Day off so we are looking forward to that. I hope everyone finds some wonderful ways to make January special and magical instead of dreary.

Love, Shayla

No comments: