Sunday, January 22, 2012

[Insert title here]

This week started out wonderfully with Jake having Monday off of work because of Civil Rights Day. We spent the day relaxing and having fun and then joined some friends for a great dinner and family home evening. This day really set the tone for the rest of our week and we had a lot of good experiences.

The not so great experience happened on Wednesday when I tried to take both kids to mutual with me for the first time since Jake was at school. Nathan was, of course, an angel and easily manageable but Abrielle made it completely impossible to fulfill my calling. She wasn’t bad, per say, but she was very demanding and needy. I decided on that night that I wouldn’t be taking the kids with me to mutual anymore. Alyssa (my sister) and I have worked out a deal so that she will watch my kids on Wednesday nights while I go to mutual and I will watch her girls on Thursday nights while she and her husband go to the gym. That will probably still be hard for me since Jake has school on Thursday nights but I think it is the best solution that I have right now because I don’t have time after teaching piano to take the kids to my mom or Jake’s mom. *Sigh* Life is hard sometimes. But despite how hard it may be it is worth it. We are grateful for the opportunities presented to us and that we can follow the will of the Lord.

Mom and I spent Thursday together doing a craft project. Hurray for Pinterest! I am so excited for all of the crafts I have found on there (and the wonderful recipes) and my creative juices just feel like bursting! I can't wait to make more things. Here is the collage I did this week:


On Friday Jake and I went on a much needed date night. Jake's sister Vickie was gracious enough to baby-sit for us and we grabbed some Subway before heading to the Kearns Rec Center for a swimming date. It was weird to go swimming in the middle of the winter but we had a lot of fun and capped off our evening with my beloved Jamba Juice. I LOVE Jamba!!! My favorite smoothie is the Apples N’Greens. My Mom and sister Alyssa think that I am crazy because it has some unusual ingredients – apples, strawberries, bananas, but also spinach, kale, pepper juice and seaweed. I know, it sounds disgusting but I LOVE it!

Saturday we spent a few hours on homework. Jake gets through his homework much faster if I am sitting with him and helping him brainstorm. Since I want to get it out of the way so we can do fun things together I don’t mind much – especially since he is taking a Chemistry class this semester. It really makes me miss my own college experience. Someday I would like to go back to school myself; however, I don’t think I will ever go back to chemistry. On a college and career level chemistry just wasn’t fun anymore although I still think I would get a kick out of being a high school chemistry teacher. If I go back to school someday like I hope I will most likely go into Diet & Nutrition. I have REALLY enjoyed learning about food and what is good for our bodies and such. I made some “healthy” cookies tonight that we divine! (go to this site for the recipe: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/01/11/oatmeal-raisin-breakfast-cookies/Brynndi, my baby sister who is 6, was really skeptical about them and then ended up eating 2 and wanting a 3rd! They had banana, applesauce, peanut butter, oats, cinnamon, craisins, and a sweetener called Stevia in them. YUMMY!

Today was the first day I went back to church in several weeks because I have been so sick. And to welcome me back to the ward I got asked to speak! I was the Young Women leader assigned to speak with 4 youth speakers and a YM leader. We spoke on the 2012 mutual theme which is D & C 115:5. If you don't know it you should look it up. It is a wonderful scripture.

We are heading in to another week and we are excited to see what it holds. I desperately need to get back on top of my house after being sick. *Sigh* Oh well. At least I have taught Abrielle how to put away the silverware so that is one less thing I have to do myself!

Much love to all.

Shayla

No comments: