This week was a rough one for me. I was sick all week long and spent most of the week in bed. On Thursday I was sitting on my bed and my eyes suddenly went blurry and I was seeing lights. I got a piercing, intense pain in the side of my head and it got bad enough that I could barely see. I was dizzy, incredibly nauseous and I was having a hard time forming sentences. Jake came home from work and we dropped the kids off to mom while we went to the Instacare. They asked me a few questions and then refused to let me even see the doctor. They said I needed to go to the Emergency room.
I have never been to the ER before and I was pretty nervous about going. Not to mention that I was embarrassed about being there. When I think about the ER I think about people on the brink of death, not people with headaches. I thought I just had a sinus infection and just wanted some antibiotics but we went to the ER anyways. They hooked me all up to the IV and I started gagging really badly. I almost threw up on the hospital bed but, luckily, was able to control it. They pumped me with Zofran for the nausea and morphine for the pain and then started running tests. I had to have a CAT scan to make sure I hadn’t suffered a stroke or a brain aneurism. Fun, huh? All of the tests came back alright though and it turned out to be a serious migraine. I had no idea they could have so many symptoms. But the doctor said I was textbook migraine and he gave me some Percocet and more Zofran and sent me home to rest.
The migraine lasted for 2 days and was pretty miserable. I went to the chiropractor on the second day and he severely adjusted my neck. After another good night of sleep the migraine was gone and I have just spent the last two days taking it extremely easy so that my body can fully heal. I hope to be back to full capacity tomorrow!
Jake started school again this week although he had to miss one of his first classes because of the ER excitement. The classes will probably be rough and interesting but he will have the help of the Lord to get him through it and we will survive another semester.
Abrielle has had a really hard time with the fact that mommy has been in bed all week. She has been acting out a bit to try and get some attention. Hopefully that will turn around really soon as I get better. She is talking a lot more clearly than she used to and is speaking in more complete sentences. She says some really funny things sometimes. For example, she asked us at dinner last night what a bean says. I smiled at her and made a farting noise with my hands. She thought that was the funniest thing she had ever heard and we spent a good 10 minutes laughing about it.
Nathan had his 6 month appointment this week and the doctor says he looks great. He is 17 .42 lbs which puts him in the 46th percentile. He is also 27.1 inches long which puts him in the 73rd percentile. I was surprised that he didn’t weigh more but I am not surprised to find that he is just long and skinny. He has chunky thighs that I love to squeeze but other than that he is pretty slender. He is already wearing clothes in 9 month size because he is so long and those are starting to get a little snug… He is still super smiley every day and everywhere we go and we love having him around.
We wish the best to all! Happy Civil Rights Day tomorrow!
Love, Shayla
No comments:
Post a Comment