First off and most importantly, my sister and her husband went through the Oquirrh Mountain Temple on Tuesday evening to take out their endowments. It was a beautiful session and it was wonderful to be there surrounded by so much family. I will admit that I was impressed with myself for being able to get through the entire session without having to run to the bathroom a million times.
After the session was over we picked up my brothers and our daughter and niece and went to a 10:00 run at Yogurtland. I love that place but I don't think I have ever had so much fun as to be there with my entire family and both sets of Grandparents. What a special opportunity! I wish we had taken pictures. Abrielle took a nap from 6:30 - 8:00 pm, we fed her ice cream at 10:00 pm, and she still went to bed without a problem at 11. What a great kid!
My sister and brother-in-law made a special announcement while we were in the temple - they are expecting! (They have announced it publically already so I am not treading on any toes by announcing it here.) Their newest baby is due at the beginning of December. I was so excited to hear this because Abrielle and Serenthia are become very good friends because they are only 8 months apart. Aaron and the new baby will only be 5 months apart! It makes me very happy that we have such great friends as part of our family. I sincerely hope Alyssa's pregnancy is better than her first one - she threw up so many times when she was pregnant with Serenthia. But, honestly, when you have a baby as cute as this one why wouldn't you want another one?
Our darling niece, Serenthia
In preparation for this special day I got my Mother's day gift early - a new temple dress. The one I got when I went through the temple myself is beautiful, but it is not accommodating for an expanding belly. We found a new one that is extremely comfortable and doesn't pull on my stomach at all so Aaron was quite content during the session. I don't know if this is the exact dress but it looks a lot like it:
My favorite feature? It zips in the front! If you have experience with a back zipped temple dress and the grueling exercise it takes to put it on in a small dressing cubicle you will know how completely epic this front zipper idea is!
Despite the dress costing a pretty penny my darling Jake is determined that I must have something else for Mother's day. He is planning a shopping expedition on Saturday morning and it will be fun to see what he comes up with.
Speaking of my darling Jake, he finished his last final last night at 12:30 am. This week has been BRUTAL! He hasn't come to bed before midnight a single night and some nights he hasn't come to bed anywhere close to midnight. I feel so bad that I have been unable to stay awake and support him but I have been getting a cold and so I have been trying to be careful to be more kind to my body. It is such a relief to have this semester finally over with. I don't know that I could pinpoint the exact reason but it just seems like this semester was so much longer and so much more grueling than previous semesters. Maybe it was because of the insane amount of homework that Jake seemed to be constantly buried under. This summer will bring Introduction to Music and Legal Environment of Business. Whatever else may be said about those classes at least there are only 2 of them instead of 4!
Jake and I are planning a camping trip to Moab for a weekend this month. I know, I am probably crazy for going camping at 7 months pregnant but I really want to go on a vacation and I have lived in Utah my entire life and have never been to Moab. Besides the fact that I grew up with my parents taking us on all kinds of adventures and I want my children to have the same experiences, even if I am not the #1 fan of camping.
Although I don't plan on making the hike to Delicate Arch, I would love to see Dead Horse Point. I have heard that it is in the top 100 most beautiful places in the country. My dad also said that they have a pizza joint in town that is the best pizza he has ever had in Utah and even compares to the pizza that he and my brother enjoyed in New York. We will definitely have to try that out!
When we told my parents about our plans they generously offered to give us their 2 room tent to have. They don't go camping anymore and were just going to give the tent away. We are excited to have a tent of our own and Jake is already planning all of our grand adventures. I keep trying to remind him that we will have a brand new baby soon. That hasn't really stopped him though. He thinks he should take me to the Father-and-Son's camp out our ward is having soon because, "That is the only way my son could come along!"
Abrielle continues to grow up more and more and I am continually astonished at how much of a baby my little one is not. People keep commenting on what a little girl she is now and how much she has lost her baby-ness. She continues to live up to the color of her hair and is incredibly stubborn but, luckily, despite her mothers lack of red hair she cannot yet compare in level of stubbornness. She has been a MAJOR mommy's girl lately and will always ask me to help her even if I am in a different part of the house and Jake is standing right next to her. Despite being challenging at times we sure do love her and she continues to bring us true joy.
Aaron continues to grow and develop as he should. He is active and his heartbeat is strong. He is measuring exactly where he should be and so it will be interesting to see if he comes early. I am trying to keep myself from believing that there is even a possibility that he will come early. I am expecting to be pregnant for about 11 more weeks (*sigh*) and then have the real "fun" begin - two kids while having to breastfeed and recover... At least I get to take 6 weeks off of teaching piano lessons.
Speaking of piano lessons, I have had a wonderful outpouring of support from my piano families and most of them will be returning to lessons with me in September. I have lost a few as casualties to the falling economy and hard financial times but I hope to be able to pick some new ones us. If you know of anyone who is interested pass the word along!
My health continues to be shaky. After my doctor's appointment yesterday that went SOO well even though they had to do a routine blood test I started having kidney pain again. I had a pretty rough 3-4 hours and drank enough water to feel like I was drowning from the inside before I passed another kidney stone. Yes, that was number 4. And it was a pretty good size. I called my doctor and basically asked what in the world I can do to prevent this from happening over and over again. He prescribed a healthy dose of 64 oz. of water DAILY. Now, do not mock me if you are a regular and faithful water drinker, but this is a big deal for me. I am NOT a faithful water drinker normally and to have to down 64 oz of water a day while pregnant basically means I will spend the rest of these 11 weeks in the bathroom. So, if you ever wonder where I am....
To finish off this crazy and wonderful week we get the joy of seeing my sister and her family sealed in the Salt Lake Temple on Saturday. I am so excited for the event and I am sure I will cry like a baby. I made the invitations for the sealing and they turned out SOOO beautifully!
My mom and dad are planning a celebration dinner of epic proportions! We are talking ribs, marinated turkey, kalua pork, salads and every good thing! I AM SO EXCITED! More for the sealing than for the dinner but the thought of all of that good food is definitely a very pleasant one. :-)
We send all of our love out to any and all Mother's out there. We hope you all have a wonderful day just for you and that those who love you spoil you wildly!
Okay, once again I have rattled off in an incredibly lengthy update. Thank you for reading if you are still around at this point. At least this time I included some pictures!
We hope everyone is well, healthy and happy! Happy Cinco de Mayo! Eat some wonderful food to celebrate!
Love, Shayla





1 comment:
Have So much fun in Moab. Brett and I used to go on a camping trip to Southern Utah every May after finals but not this year with a new baby and real jobs. If you are in Moab mid week (I think Tues, Wed, or Thurs.) ask around about the triple nickle wing deal at the local brewery. Until four on those days a wings are only 15 cents a piece (I think) and they are the best wings I have ever had. They also have really good root beer.
And yes dead horse point state park is SO beautiful. Don't miss it!
Post a Comment