Today I am extremely grateful that I am sitting at home right now and not at the doctor's office for the extra appointment I set last week because my back pain and symptoms were still persistant. I am extremely grateful that, not only am I home and not at the doctor's, but I am at home and not drugged on Tylenol 3 because the pain is gone! After a long and miserably painful week the pain is gone! I can sleep again, walk again, clean my house again, hold my little daughter again and drive without wanting to cry hysterically. (Driving REALLY hurt.)
So, you may ask, what changed? I passed the last kidney stone. Yup. That is what it was - kidney stones. The first two were small enough that I didn't really think much of it but the last one was unmistakable. And, just like they say, once the last one passed the back pain was almost miraculously cured. I can't even describe how happy I was on Saturday at even the idea that the pain was at an end.
I am very grateful that my pain cleared up before Easter. We were able to have a wonderful Easter weekend. The Easter Bunny visited us on Saturday morning and brought some fun treats. Abrielle got a big pack of Smarties and some generic jelly beans and some plastic bracelets and necklaces that she wears constantly. We had to take them off of her before going to bed last night and she was quite disappointed. My wonderful Grandma Dunford invited us over for Easter dinner since both my mom and Jake's mom are out of town right now. We had Chinese Sundaes (Hawaiian Haystacks), muffins and strawberry jell-o. YUMMY!
Jake is now all registered for Summer and Fall Semesters. He will be taking Legal Environment of Business and Introduction to Music online this summer. We wanted both classes to be only because: #1) They were only offered multi-day in the summer and that is silly, #2) We wanted the flexibility with Baby Aaron due in July. This Fall he will be taking Business Calculus, Elementary Physics and US Government and Politics. Calculus and Physics will be in class on Mondays and Wednesdays but US Government will be online. We tried really hard to make sure Jake didn't have class on Tuesdays and were able to, miraculously, manage it. With me having mutual on Tuesdays it is really hard to have Abrielle with me, let alone Abrielle AND a brand new baby.
There is just ONE WEEK LEFT in Spring semester and we are so excited! We don't have much of a break before the Summer semester starts but hopefully the classes will be better than the ones he has had to take this semester. Hopefully... :)
We are doing well and we hope all of you are doing well also. Happy belated Easter to everyone! We love you!
Love, Shayla and the rest of the Jacob Bentley Family
1 comment:
Eek! That sounds painful! I'm glad you recovered and are feeling better!
Post a Comment