I am sure many of you have read or heard by now that my medical situation continues to be shaky. Despite my best efforts to drink at least 64 ounces of water every single day (on a pregnant bladder, mind you) I have still been dealing with kidney stones.
I have to thank the goodness and mercy of my Lord for helping me get through Tuesday. I had to teach for quite a while and by the end was in so much pain that I cried all the way home. But I made it through and I know that I received extra strength to endure.
My dad and sweet husband gave me a healing blessing on Tuesday night and I was able to sleep peacefully and soundly. Thank goodness for the blessings of the priesthood!
Yesterday I had my 31 week appointment with my doctor. The first thing that he asked me when he walked in was if I was still having trouble with kidney stones. I told him all about what I have been dealing with and he gave me a renewed prescription for Tylenol 3 for if and when another stone develops.
I gathered from what he said that this is just something that is happening because I am pregnant. I read an article the other night that says pregnant woman can (rarely) develop kidney stones. In our family, if it is rare, chances are we'll get it! Basically because my ureters are swollen due to my pregnancy it is easy to get extra calcium deposits inside my kidneys, thus forming the stones.
The most discouraging thing is that there isn't a "cure" for this, per say. I will have to continue to drink a lot of water and lemon water helps to break up stones that do develop. But as long as I am pregnant chances are that I will continue to develop stones periodically. We are hopeful that once the pregnancy is over and my body returns to normal size that I will no longer have to deal with this reoccurring nightmare.
I asked my doctor if the hospitals policies on inductions had changed since I had Abrielle. I was induced with her and had a wonderful experience with it. He said that I could be induced up to one week early since I have already had one baby. Not only that, but he strongly recommends that we induce a week early because I have been having such trouble with the kidney stones developing. I have a suspicion that as my body continues to expand as Aaron grows that it will be harder to keep the stones from developing. I can't believe how close we are to being parents of 2! I will admit to being quite nervous about it. But I have a phenomenal support team and I know that they will not let me fail!
Thanks to all of those who have offered support and prayers on my behalf. I have definitely felt the influence of that love and the blessings. I am moving forward and doing my best to be patient and long-suffering. I have the blessing to know that I will someday understand why all of this has happened and why it is necessary for me to go through. For now, I will continue to do my best to "bite the bullet" and get through it.
Love, Shayla
5 comments:
:( this sounds miserable! I know you have lots of help from family, but feel free to drop Abrielle off if you need a little break!
I hope you feel as good as possible for as much time as possible :)
Your statement about induced pregnancy intrigued me because this study came out recently which suggests that higher maternal investment in gestation time (and nursing) increases brain size, which is linked to higher processing power and speed, aka "smartness." The research, if you want to check it out:
http://www.dur.ac.uk/research/news/?itemno=11796?partner=worldnow
Kristin - Thank you so much for your kind offer! You are so sweet!
Yasmeen - Thank you for your concern and the information. That article had some interesting things in it. We're working out what is the best course for our individual family but it is always nice to be informed about both sides of a coin. :-)
My aunt told me about this concoction and it has really really really helped me. It does a lot to break down those composites so that you will have less of a pain effect or to prevent kidney stones and Kidney or bladder infections all together. She suffered with a lot of kidney stones and since she has started using this concoction she has not had one!
If you can have all these things than I strongly suggest you check it out. Like I said I have improved DRASTICALLY! The last kidney stone I had, passed within about 6 hours or so and I was able to sleep (for the most part) through the pain, because I had taken this stuff. My aunt says to take it every couple days or so to keep a bad problem under control or just take it at the first sign of any symptoms (twice daily). GOOD LUCK!!! If it helps, I can completely feel your pain!
Love Always JoHanna
Ingredients:
-Fresh Lemon (1/2 Fresh Lemon Juice squeezed from a lemon) I just use the equivalent in my bottled stuff.
-1/4 to 1/2 Drinking Glass of Water
-1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
-Another FULL Glass of Water
Instructions:
Stir the 1/2 Fresh Lemon squeezed juice into the 1/4 to 1/2 glass of Water. Stir in the 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda into the glass and drink immediately while still foamy and fuzzy. Then drink another FULL glass of Water directly after drinking the concoction above. Repeat twice daily while needed.
Shayla- I'm sure you and Jake are doing what's best for you! I didn't mean to be...preachy or anything. Just wanted to share the info.
Johanna- That concoction sounds actually kind of tasty. Like a fizzy lemonade or something.
Post a Comment